Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Grams


My Grams- what a wonderful woman. She wasn't just a Grams to me- she was my next door neighbor- my second Mom- my best friend. Oh, the conversations we would have about life and how it can't be easy all the time- if it was- we wouldn't appreciate the good times as much. She would give me a hug and tell me that I can handle it- but I just have to buck up and take charge. And those words from Grams are words and conversations that I will cherish now for the rest of my life. She was so giving and caring. She would do anything to help me out. Cooking dinner when I didn't have time to get something together. Giving me groceries for helping her out when she knew we needed it the most. Being there to give me a hug when even mom was to far away. She was my little Grams and always will be- the best Grams a girl could ever have. I know she is in a better place now and I know she is hugging Nikki and Danny and Gramps and playing cribbage and I'm sure a few games of war with Nikki as her and Gramps always did with me when I came to visit. I know she is in a better place as she was missing Gramps deeply- but I just thought we'd get to keep her for a little bit longer. I still have tupperware in my dishwasher that I needed to return and we had a few more conversations to have before I moved. At least I can move without worry now- as sad as it is. I was so worried about who would be there to take out her garbage and carry up her groceries and I was planning on visiting every Sunday when I would come to clean. But now there is no worry- and I know she is in a happy place looking down on all of us- telling us that its ok to cry because we miss her and its no ones fault that she is gone- it was just her time- she had a wonderful life and brought joy to all who knew her. She had accomplished what she was put on this earth to do and she would want us to know that. She would want us to cherish our memories with her and know that she will be with us for the rest of our lives in our hearts and will be watching down on all of us with Gramps and guiding our every step. They are together again and for that- I am happy for her.
I love you Grams- and I know you know that- Both Grams and Gramps I hope you know all of the love you brought to our family. We will keep you both in our hearts forever.

No comments: