Sunday, November 16, 2008

Interesting Weekend....

Well-- our weekend started out fun on Friday after work... we went to visit Nana and Bumpa while Taylor was out hunting and to have dinner with them and everything was just fine, food was good, Miley was playing and we were enjoying each others company. Then, when we got home, something just wasn't feeling right. I was able to get Miley to bed quickly and then the 'fun' started happening. I came down with a very nasty flu bug! And, YES, I even had the flu shot-- but without it I guess it could have been worse. I was up every hour on the hour exactly from 7:50 to 3:50! It was terrible!!! Then when I got up on Saturday morning, Taylor had gone out hunting, not thinking that I was still feeling sick as I had been able to sleep from 4-7am, things were just terrible. I brought Miley to her room to change her diaper and passed out, luckily Joey was right there to lick me to wake up so I wasn't even out 5 seconds before I was able to come to enough to keep telling Miley not to move. She was a good girl and just laid there, I'm assuming she was sensing something was wrong. I had my phone right with me and asked my Dad to come over to help me until I could get some food and water in my system.

So- the piece of toast I ate and the attempt I made and drinking so fluids didn't help at all, I was having terrible back cramps and a fever and just had no idea what was going on. I thought maybe I was having a terrible Crohn's flare up or something so I had Taylor take me to the hospital. While there they were able to diagnose me with a nasty flu and gave me a couple bags of IV fluid and I was able to finally relax and take a little nap while Taylor so patiently sat next to me in a tiny room for 3 hours. I told him to bring his laptop to keep him occupied. :)

After some good sleep on Saturday night I woke up on Sunday feeling MUCH better- getting food in me was still slow but I was able to keep pushing the fluids and now, Sunday evening, am feeling 95% better. What a weird thing!! But I certainly don't wish that on anyone! As for Miley- she's been OK- she was kind of spitty on Friday evening but nothing much since then besides a runny nose. They say with breastfeeding that the baby is exposed to the virus 12 hours before you show any signs of it so I think if she were to get sick like I was she would have already been ill. So hopefully we are in the clear of it in our household.

Besides an icky weekend here are some pictures of Miley from the week. Her walking skills are improving everyday, she will even be sitting in our laps on the floor and will stand up on her own and start walking. She's still all over the place but is starting to take a try at turning while she walks too. It's pretty fun to see! And she met her Mommy's goal of walking at 10 months just like I was! :) Woo Hoo!!




1 comment:

TJ, Nora, Reese & Rowan Nordling said...

The Flu shot doesn't protect you from a gastroenteritis, which it sounds like you had. The flu shot is designed to protect you from the high fever/body aches flu, which is not what you had. It is a comomon misconception that the pukey flu is the the one the shot prevents.....Sorry the nurse in me felt the need to correct you! Anyways....Glad you ARE feeling better and that Miley behaved herself on the changing table!