Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Wednesday Update

Just a fun little update for a Wednesday morning.


Cooper officially has 2 teeth now! (exact age was 5.5 months) They pooped three days apart. He is falling in the exact line as Miley did. So, if he stays on track he’ll have 8 teeth by 8 months like she did. I kind of hope that he does because he is SO interested in eating- I know he can’t wait until he can chomp down on what we are eating. Speaking of eating, we’ve introduced fruits and veggies to him and he LOVES them! He would get MAD at us during dinner time because he wasn’t eating too so we gave it a try and he just can’t get enough. He does very well with it all. He doesn’t like peas, but we’ll have to give it a try again sometime. His favorite is carrots, after his first taste he gummed at it and then smiled and laughed at me and held his mouth open wide for more. There are times when we just can’t feed it to him quick enough! And I’ve learned my lesson, I can’t pause to take a bite of my dinner while I’m feeding him, he screams at me like ‘Mom, feed me now!’. Guess that is just a sacrifice us Mommy’s have to deal with, a luke-warm meal versus a hot one. We’ve also been introducing the sippy cup when he has his supper with cold breastmilk. He didn’t like it at first but now he does enjoy the cold breastmilk and is getting use to sucking on the sippy cup. I like to do this with his meal so he can wash it down and it prepares him for when we do switch over to regular milk 6 months from now. But, until then, I just make sure I pump enough extra milk every day to put in his cup at dinner time. Cooper is at such a fun age now, he can sit up and play with his toys, he loves his jumperoo, he’s starting to ‘talk’, and he’s so smiley. I love him.

Miley amazes me weekly. It’s so crazy how much a toddler can really change before your eyes. Her vocabulary is what truly amazes me for her age. The other day we were sitting at the table and she was making funny faces into our hutch as she could see her reflection in the glass and I said to her as I was laughing at her, “Miley, what are you doing silly girl?” And she asks, “Mom, what’s that thing called?” and I said “It’s called a hutch” she follows up with (after a pause to think out her sentence) “I’m making funny faces into that hutch”. I was very proud to see her ask a question and then use it in a sentence! And very clearly enunciated as well. She is sure a mini me- she’s got the excitedness about life as I do, her SASSY moments, her loveable moments and her crabby moments and I see myself in all of her emotions. I love my big girl. “Mommy, where are you going?” “I have to go to work but I’ll pick you up today” “No mom, I don’t want you to go to work, I want you to stay here and hold me” AAHHH It’s so hard to leave after you hear that!

No comments: