Thursday, February 08, 2007

5K Run

Well- Since my mom, aunt, and cousins are working hard to be healthy and stay in shape- I've been asked to take part in another adventure. My friend Megan has always wanted to run a 5K marathon- and she has decided this is the year to do it as she is getting married this October and there is no better time to get in shape! She needed a running and training partner and she has asked me to join her. Running a marathon I guess wasn't something that I had on my list of things to do in my lifetime- but now that I have been asked it has now become something that I would really like to accomplish as well.

We haven't finalized our decision quite yet on which race we want to run- but we do know it will be sometime in May or June- so we have begun our training! I was in track for 3 years so running isn't that big of a deal for me-- granted I'm pretty out of shape but I've done it before- Megan wasn't a runner in high school but she enjoys getting in a good workout- which makes us a really good team. She motivates me to keep up on our training and to make sure we actually follow through with it- and I motivate her to keep up a good pace and to push herself. Together we make the perfect match!

I'll keep you posted on our adventure! Wish us luck!!

2 comments:

Heidi Sue said...

Woohoo! Great quest Mindi! I'm excited for you. You two are going to do terrific. Let me know where it is and maybe Maddox and I will make it out. Love you!

Heidi Sue

katie sjoblom said...

way to go girls! you will feel so wonderful when you have completed your 5K. i ran my first (and possibly only) 5K last fall. i trained hard all summer, but it was totally worth it when i crossed that finish line. great job mindi and megan.