Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day.

We had a good weekend, Miley and I still have been fighting our colds, she has a bad cold and I have a sinus infection. So Friday we went to visit my parents as Taylor has a baseball game, we were going to go to it until it started to rain, so we stayed and hung out there. Saturday we were all up early as Taylor went over to the Miller's to fix the entire front end of his car, well, he didn't fix it, Luke, the best mechanic EVER, fixed it while Taylor handed him parts and watched and cleaned up. So Miley and I planted flowers in the morning, flowers I got for Mother's day and then we brought lunch out to the boys and got a 4-wheeler ride with Daddy, surprisingly she wasn't as afraid of it as we thought she would be. She had fun watching Luke and seeing 4 dogs running around. (Joey had a reunion with his Mommy and then their two other dogs) Then we went home and we both took a LONG nap, we both needed some recuperating time. :)




Sunday I got Fruity Pebbles in bed, since we were going to brunch Taylor didn't think we needed to eat too big of a breakfast, so that was just right. Then we all got up and got ready and played outside until it was time to leave for Brunch at Welch with the Pagel family. It was very yummy! Then it was back home for Miley's nap and then down to the Bears game. We got there in the 6th inning, Miley was sleepy! Taylor was so excited to have Miley come down to the field after the game, he couldn't wait to have her run the bases... but Miley wasn't interested in running the bases at all! She rather just pick up the dirt and give it to Daddy. It was pretty comical to watch from the stands. Then it was over to my parents for pizza and then to Dairy Inn for our free Sundaes!



Here are some photos from last week and the weekend. Miley likes to act like Joey and look out the window and play peek-a-boo with the curtain. And like one of my fellow bloggers-- the two of them also like to look out the window to watch Daddy mow the lawn.




I just LOVE how good Joey is with her. He is really like her big brother, it is so cute. He cleans up after her (if she drops food), protects her, lets her beat up on him, and of course loves to cuddle with her. Although, sometimes I get worried when she is around other dogs because she has a lot of trust in Joey and thinks all dogs will be that nice to her, so we have to watch that closely.









Miley's Ouchie... she is showing you her band-aid here...



Here is Miley's UH OH... Taylor and I were in back in our room and her room putting away laundry and she ran out into the living room and all of a sudden we heard UH OH and ran out to the living to see that someone got a hold of the marshmellow bag and dumped it all over the floor!


Miley loves phones! I should have my mom send me the photo we took of her the one day we were at the park. She was swinging in the swing and wanted to talk to Bumpa, so we called Bumpa and she grabbed the phone and talked to him while she swung so I grabbed my moms phone to take a picture. It was pretty cute. And she loves my pink old fashion phone I have hanging in the kitchen. She went to say hello and then realized no one was on the other end.



I'm very excited- Thursday I will be attending my VERY FIRST CONCERT EVER!!!! I'm going with some gals I use to work with to the Keith Urban concert. I'm pumped! The closest thing I've ever come to a concert was when I went to Herberger's in college and saw Jessica Simpson sing 1 song and then got her autograph, although, that was still pretty cool- it wasn't really a concert, so I can't wait. Then, thankfully, Friday I get to sleep in a bit as we have Community Service day at work so I don't have to be there until 8 and then we are basically having fun all day and doing some things for the community as well.

Taylor has school this weekend so we won't get to see him very much but we are looking to have a low-key weekend... I can't believe how fast May is flying by...

No comments: