Friday, March 19, 2010

My Leave is Coming to an End

Well, sad to say but in 5 short days I will be back at work. :(

I will say it is bittersweet. I will miss sleeping in with my baby and just doing what I want when I want and did I mention sleeping in? But I am looking forward to getting back on a schedule and having some alone time, if being at work can be considered 'alone time'.

This week Taylor had spring break so I think we were all a bit spoiled on getting to see one another and sleep in, especially with this time change, Miley has been up past 10:30 every night! Urgh... but the wake up call for all of us hasn't been until at least 8:30, some days even 9:30! Cooper has been doing 4 hour stretches over night for the past 4 days so I hope this is the new schedule. He eats at 10 or 10:30 and then up around 2 and then again between 5:30 or 6, which is when I will have to get up for work so that is perfect! Although, I have been going back to sleep with him after that 6am feeding and not getting up until 9 so it will be an adjustment to have to stay up and go to work.

Miley is finally feeling better, she hasn't had to have a neb since Wednesday during nap time so that is great! But the steroid shot she got is still in her system as she isn't sleeping so well and she is SOO HUNGRY! I bet every 10th sentence out of her mouth lately is, Mom, I'm Hungry! She could seriously eat non-stop right now if we would let her. (a side affect of steroids is sleeplessness and hunger)

So, with my leave coming to an end I am going to cherish my last few days that I have. I made a new rule in the house, since Taylor will be gone until later in the evenings now that his coaching baseball season starts on Monday and it will just be me and the kids getting home around 5:15 and having to do dinner, play time, bath time and then bed time- we won't be doing any chores during the week. I get very stressed out when I can't get things done so if I just don't worry about it during the week I hopefully won't get so stressed. All the laundry and cleaning will just wait till Saturdays and Sundays. When you only get so many limited hours with your kids during the week why should I spend the time I have scrubbing a bathtub or putting mounds of laundry away?

Here are some fun photos from this week:

HAHAHAHA!!!!



Miley put these on him, She came running to my room saying Mommy Mommy come quick, I got to the living room and she goes, Look Mommy! Too Funny!!!

She wanted to rock some shades too! Cooper wasn't amused anymore.

 I have to share some funny conversations between Miley and I. As you would expect, with now having a brother and watching diaper changes she has noticed his penis. And with nursing she has noticed my 'boobs'.

First conversation, we have decided we are going to call the 'pee-pees' what they are, a vagina and a penis. So I was trying to explain that to Miley as she was curious.

Me: Are you a girl or a boy?

Miley: A girl

Me: Is Cooper a girl or a boy?

Miley: A boy

Me: (thinking, good we have that straight) Since Cooper is a boy his pee-pee is called a penis, and since you are a girl your pee-pee is called a vagina. (to make sure she understood I had to ask the next question) Where is your vagina?

Miley: My gina at home.

Me: HAHAHHAA laughing until I cried

Next conversation: Scene set up: I asked Miley to go to my room and grab my breast pad as I had started nursing in there and then moved to the living room, she knows exactly what my breast pad is. She ran and got it and here is our conversation:

Me: Thank you Miley for getting my pad

Miley: You're Welcome Mom, you put it on your boob?

Me: Yes, I will once Cooper is done nursing.

Miley: I put it on my boob?

Me: Sure, if you want to

Miley: (trying to lift up her shirt while holding the pad) I can't find my boob Mom

Me: Maybe when you get bigger you can

Miley: Ok Mom

I love having conversations with a 2 year old!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Correctly your article helped me terribly much in my college assignment. Hats high to you dispatch, choice look audacious for the duration of more related articles promptly as its united of my choice question to read.