Thursday, September 02, 2010

Just a Wednesday Night

I sometimes wish we had night vision cameras in our bedrooms, just like they do on the Real World. I'm sure I look like a zombie walking around late at night. Sometimes I don't even remember going into the kids room to tuck them back in. There has been nights that I don't even know that I'm walking and I run face first into our bedroom door, let me tell you- that's a rude awakening!

Last night wasn't as bad. I think mostly because I was sound asleep by 9:30 so having to wake up around 11:30 to insert a paci, and then who knows what time to feed and another awakening 10 minutes before the alarm went off, I just don't feel tired today. Which is a good thing.

I'm very thankful that I am a morning person! Which, I feel, is the main reason I'm so fully functioning going off of 5-7 hours of sleep, 6 being the average.

To respond to some questions: When he nurses in the middle of the night, yes, that is the only thing that calms him down. He never eats fully, so he's probably only drinking 2-3 ounces versus having a full 5 ounces. I think it's mostly the warm milk calming him down and allowing him to have a warm full belly to bring happy dreams. The doctor said that he has never seen an obese breastfed baby and to never let anyone tell me otherwise. And drinking water- he doesn't like water yet and we really haven't given him any water since he just nurses. And when he eats dinner I have breastmilk in a sippy cup and he's learning how to use that.

I'm sure he'll be like Miley and eventually stop needing it. She was probably a year old before she stopped fully needing that overnight feeding and by 14 months was done nursing all together, all by her own choice.

So, until then- I am Super Mom! Even if I could sleep through the night, I don't think I'd know how to at this point, I'm so programmed to wake up, and then there is the obvious- my boobs are VERY programmed to wake up, I think I'd have to pump for comfort if Cooper slept through the night right now! I think he's going through his 6 month growth spurt- and those darn teeth aren't helping the matter either. 4th one is just about to emerge!

No comments: