Tuesday, July 18, 2006

2 months away!!!


Well, I thought its been awhile since I've updated this thing so I thought I'd just fill you in on what's been going on two months away from the big day.

We are just about done with the invitations and are right on schedule, we are hoping to get them out in the mail within the next two weeks. That will be a big project off all of our shoulders. I think making the guest list is by far the most difficult part of planning a wedding. I hope we didn't forget anyone! So, once I can check off that task it will just be the details and small stuff that we will have left to take care of. So its all coming together nicely. One problem we ran into that I learned a HUGE lesson from was that I thought I was just being the most organized bride ever and I had my programs done and printed and ribboned about a two months ago, thinking it would be fine to just get that out of the way.....WRONG!!! My harpist had to cancle, she just found out that her teacher scheduled an orchestra performance on the same night as the wedding, and being a harpist....she is THE harp in the orchestra and kind of has to be there. Which, on the music side of things, it wasn't a big deal, I have a pianist and organist anyway, so I wasn't too bummed about not having my harp, BUT....the programs were already made with her name in it...........So now we have to re-do them all.........which I forgot something on them anyway....but it was just kind of a bummer to have to re-do something you thought was all done. Luckily, the paper doesn't cost much at all and it will be easy to do, but still, I learned a huge lesson......so one word of advice I can share to soon-to-be brides......WAIT to do your program until a few weeks before the wedding. I would advise getting them ready to be printed and checked over by your pastor ahead of time, but don't print them off until a few weeks before.....OH WELL.....Live and Learn! :)

Other then that, I am getting my bustle put on my dress tonight and we are planning out our nail and hair appointments for the days before the wedding!! Its all coming together nicely. We are kind of taking a little bit of time off of doing too much as my friend Holly is getting married in 3 weeks so I have been busy helping plan her bachelorette party and getting my schedule booked for things she wants us to do with her. So its wedding central over in my corner..... I'm even helping my friend Jackie get things booked for her wedding next summer as I am a bridesmaid for her wedding too. The Wedding Bells are ringing for the class of 2003 in CF!!!!!

No comments: