Wednesday, June 20, 2007

11 Weeks

Well- I thought 11 weeks would bring me a sign of relief but- I had a few hurdles to still pass. I was very sick on Friday- I even went to bed at 6:30!! Saturday I was just a bit queezy but other then that I was Ok but ended up coming down with a headache- then Sunday woke up with the same headache which made me a little sick. Monday morning I woke up with still the same headache and was very faint when I was trying to make myself some toast. I emailed a nurse at the hospital just to see if it was something to be concerned about or not. She called me shortly after and wanted to see me right away.

I was slightly dehydrated- but not enough to put me on an IV- she thought I could fix it on my own, and she changed my anti-nausea medication to Phenergan (sp?) that one makes me feel better but pretty tired- so I only take it when I really need to.

BUT- the best part of my unexpected doctor appointment was that I got to hear the heartbeat!!! She wanted to make sure things were sounding fine in there and she pulled out her doppler and I got very excited- so I laid back and she moved it around for a minute and then finally found it-- a HUGE smile came across my face and she kind of looked at me like- What, it's just the heartbeat-- so I said- This is the first time I've heard this- and she said OOO really- and turned it up so I could hear it more clearly. The heartbeat was between 155-160, so nice and strong. I was bummed Taylor couldn't hear it- but he is coming with me on July 5 to our next scheduled appointment so he'll get to hear it then- and I plan on bringing my camera with to record some video of her checking the heartbeat so you all can hear it on here too!!

This is just another neat photo of a baby at 11 weeks..... just something fun to look at!



On the house front-- I need to take some photos tonight and post them for you- you can't even imagine what my living room looks like right now! We are actually sleeping on our mattress in the middle of the living room and you can't hardly get to the couches- its madness! Our new carpet is getting put in in our bedroom and the nursery on Thursday- and we are getting a deal on some really great carpet for the basement but we have to wait 2 more weeks for it to come in- so as long as the upstairs gets put back together here soon we'll be fine waiting for the basement for a little longer. Hopefully pictures of our mess to come tomorrow.

And stay tuned for next week and my 12 week belly shot!

No comments: