Wednesday, June 27, 2007

12 Weeks and the Nursery

Well-- I know it may be a bit premature but we just couldn't help ourselves...we have the nursery set up! When we moved in we knew that the first thing that room was going to be was a nursery so I painted it accordingly and ironically the Monday of the week I found out I was pregnant (Friday that week) I was just looking to see if I could find the bedding I had pictured having in that room- THE POND - and I found it so I bought it- I figured I knew we were trying and its better to spread out the cost of all the baby stuff-- and lucky for me that I did buy it! Then my mom found the changing table at a garage sale and the crib is from the Lorentz family- so we figured- we might as well get it all set up so the nursery actually looks organized!





Here is a closer image of the crib



Here is a close up shot of the bedding-- THE POND- if its a girl we'll jazz up the walls and other things with Fairies, Flowers and Butterflies and if its a boy we'll jazz it up with more Blue Dragonflies, Frogs and Turtles.



I also finally got around to taking my 12 week belly shot-- this is me at really 12.5 weeks along-



And here is a new photo of our babies Tigger and Joey....





For 12 weeks-- I'm slowly doing better-- I have more better days then bad days so that's a good thing and I'm easing into my 2nd trimester- hopefully within the next two weeks I'll find myself being able to keep everything down, feeling more energized and hopefully getting that pregnancy glow. But for now- I have made it to the "safe Zone" they say usually by 12 weeks if everything is still going well for the baby it should stay that way! So that's exciting! Baby Pagel has now started its reflexes- sucking, swallowing, going to the bathroom and moving all around- I just wish I had a little microscope so I could peak in and see what is going on in there- I just can't wait until the first time I feel it move! I'm really looking forward to that!

As far as being pregnant in general-- Totally excited for the fair- A footlong corn dog is calling my name- and so are cheese curds, dippin dots and a freshly squeezed lemonade! You know- all the healthy stuff!!! But I have been craving fruit- watermelon, cantaloupe, and strawberries! YUM! Peanut Butter is still my best friend but my cravings are starting to branch out a bit more then just PB&J and grilled cheese- and I do find myself having to eat about 10 times a day- very small meals of course- but I can't eat very much at one time- I'll be starving and when I sit down to eat I can't even get half of it down- so I just eat small meals and snacks basically all day long- good thing my job allows for that!

1 comment:

Heidi Sue said...

CUTE! I love the nursery. The bedding turned out perfect. You aren't going to have anything to do when you're nesting. You'll have to save something for later too. I'm glad you are slowly feeling better now. Enjoy all the fair food. I love cheese curds too.

Heidi Sue