Sunday, July 06, 2008

6 Months Old and the 4th of July

I can't believe that the 4th of July has already come and gone!! We had a wonderful 4th! We started out on Wednesday at the fair. Miley loved the fair! She loved looking at the animals and she pet a chick, bunny, duckling, pony, and the grossest of them all- a 10 foot albino snake!!!! My dad held Miley on his lap as they put the snake around my dad's shoulders and onto Miley's lap, she thought it was great, I about lost my corn dog!










I took Miley on the Merry-Go-Round and she did a great job! She laughed and talked the whole time and she held onto the pole tightly, it was a lot of fun and she is at such a fun age to be doing this stuff as she sat up on the horse all by herself.


This next picture has some special meaning, last summer when I was pregnant we went into one of the buildings that had information about pregnancies and they had little babies at each month of a pregnancy and last year I 'held' my baby when we were there so I had to go back there this year and show Miley what she looked like 1 year ago!



Then on the 4th we started off the morning eating breakfast down at the park, part of our tradtion, then we went back home to get ready for the parade. Miley Loved the parade! She got excited as each float passed us. She loved the bands and the horses the most! And she even got a freezie, I think that was the best part for her! :)







As promised I finally got a picture of her two little teeth! I think she is already starting on some more as she has been chewing on everything in sight the past couple days!! I guess they say when they start coming they don't slow down!


Here Miley is at the Bears game after the parade- there were so many fans down there that we barely watched any of the game as we could hardly see the field from our nice shady spot.


Then we ended the day with the fireworks at the fair. We sat on the hill with Ken, Pam, Jenae and Landon. Miley really liked the fireworks, I thought she might be scared but she watched most of the show, she fell asleep at the last minute.









And on top of it being the 4th Miley also turned 6 months old on Saturday! I can't believe it! We go to the doctor on Friday to get her stats. But at 6 months I can say she sits up great, she has two teeth, she is talking all the time, she is almost scooting on her belly on the floor, she loves to look in the mirror, and she is starting to get the cutest little personality. She is starting on eating some food for dinner each night now and does great with it! She looks forward to eating! I hope she continues to eat this well as she gets older! She has tried sweet potatoes, green beans, peaches and pears.



Miley and I are going on her first vacation starting this Friday, we are going WAY up north with my mom and dad, 45 minutes north of Grand Marais for a few days and then back down to Duluth for a few days, it should be pretty fun. Our first camp site is right on the lake and I'm excited to go swimming every day! Taylor has to stay behind due to the Bears golf tournament, helping Brendon and Shelly move and baseball, of course. We will miss him!!

No comments: