Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Up North

We got the pleasure of joining my Aunt Michelle and Uncle Robby up north at their cabin this past weekend. Friday, my parents, Taylor and Miley picked me up from work early and we headed up. Miley did a really good job in the car for such a long ride- I was impressed! We had such a relaxing weekend.


Friday night we went to the Old Milwaukee Club and had the Friday Fish Fry-- YUMMY! And everyone else enjoyed a nice camp fire- Miley, however, wanted Mommy all to herself and didn't want to go to bed. Finally at 11:00 she gave in- with some help from Nana- then she was up from 2:30-3:45 and finally fell back asleep on the floor with me. Miley and I laid low on Saturday and just relaxed- the guys got up early and went fishing and then golfing. Saturday late afternoon we did go into Nisswa to the shops and got Miley some Robeez shoes-- she has the typical chubby baby chubby feet so those shoes actually fit her! She thought it was pretty fun when we put them on her and she could walk around outside!



Saturday night was a much better night for Miley- she got her bath and was asleep by 8:30- I made a bed on the floor for her instead of her pack-n-play and she seemed to like it much better. She slept until 4am!! WOO HOO for me! So Taylor and I headed over to the Haggstrom cabin and played some cards and had some laughs- I really needed that! Then Sunday the guys had a fishing tournament between cabins- Our cabin WON! They hit a nice little crappie hole and got a bucket full! We had a FRESH fish fry for lunch on Sunday! And Taylor caught a nice Bass-- he said this was the best fishing he has ever had!





The ride home on Sunday started off good. My dad thought it would be fun to see how his new GPS would bring us home- out of curiosity- to see which route was faster and so the GPS took us on 94 and we got stuck in some stop and go traffic. Let's just say we decided to get off of 94 and we were thinking we were going to get home at 5:30 and I believe it was 6:45 when we pulled into my driveway! And to top it off there was an accident on 52 that had traffic backed up for miles! We were all ready to get out of the car by the time we got home!





And as we were unpacking Robin, Emilee and Grace Lorentz stopped by to drop off some clothes for Miley that should fit her next fall- which will be REALLY nice! And in the big bag of clothes was this cute litte outfit! I LOVE IT!!! My little ballerina!

We had a WONDERFUL time Up North and would love to go back again! They have such a beautiful cabin and are so fun to hang out with!! We Love You Auntie Shell and Uncle Robby!! THANK YOU!!!

1 comment:

Kim Sjoquist said...

Those shoes are the absolute best. I LOVE them. I went from those to croc for the summer. It will be interesting to see how I will fit different shoes on her now for the fall and winter. Her feet are still so chubby.