Saturday, September 06, 2008

8 Months Old- Already!

Boy- the time sure seems to be flying faster and faster. Miley just turned 8 months on Friday! She is becoming such a little person! At eight months Miley now has 2 full teeth on the bottom 1 on top that is half way in and 1 on top that is poking through right now and I can see both the top and bottom second tooth to the left just under the gum-- no wonder she was such a cranky pants a month ago- she was working on 4 teeth! We are starting to see her favor her right hand- so I think she is going to be a righty-- she would prefer to grab and hold things in that hand.

We have noticed that Miley likes FLAVOR!! We tried giving her just some noodles with a little bit of butter and salt on them one night for dinner- hey- I liked it-- but she DID NOT-- it didn't have enough flavor for her! We've noticed that her favorite dishes are a bit spicy- she's following in her Daddy's footsteps- and I like spicy flavor now too- just not SUPER hot stuff, wonder if Miley will.

Miley is really starting to move all over- her 'crawling' is getting better and better every day, she still loves to walk around with assistance, she pulls up on everything, she walks around tables and she is already switching from the coffee table to the couch and back, sometimes she gets pretty brave and tries to switch to quickly or reach for something that is just a little bit too far and ends up on her tummy on the floor, but we haven't had any dings or bruises yet (knock on wood), she actually finds it funny when she ends up on her tummy. :)

Labor Day weekend was a busy, but fun weekend, my Uncle Randy came up from Arizona and we all camped out at my Grandpa's because it was also his birthday. It was fun to see the whole Bodette clan and to just relax and eat good food. My aunt Lisa has some horses out there and Miley LOVED them! Everytime they would come up to the fence she would get all excited and want to go over to them, she even got to sit on the horse with Kaiti and Carissa.

The very few pictures I have-- a couple I will take credit for, the others I have to thank Uncle Randy for sending them to me..







I haven't been very good with taking a lot of pictures lately, my memory card only has 20 pictures left and everything on this card is all of Miley, starting with me in the hospital having her. I'm undecided on what I want to do, I can't print them all because there are 690 photos! (YES- I'm just a little bit obsessed with my baby!) And I'm too afraid to just delete my card because they are all on my computer, what happens if my computer crashes and they all get deleted, I'm thinking maybe I just need to get a new memory card and label this one as Miley- but that would mean me actually getting around to ordering a new one or going shopping to find the right one- the one I have is a refurbished (sp?) one from Olympus online and it was $10 cheaper... I like that! What do you do with all your pictures on a full memory card? I guess I could just put them all on a CD...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a cd, or dvd (usually 4g of data space, so 5x more room than a cd) is a good option to back up photos. another option is to get an external hard drive to back up your computer. it's not at all likely that both will crash at the same time, so you'll always have your data somewhere. really, the only advantage of keeping them on the memory card is so you can look at them on your camera whenever you want.

Kim Sjoquist said...

I agree with Erin - get some photo CD's. That's what I do. Once I upload all my photos to Snapfish, I move them to a CD and then keep the CD in a fire safe case - I'm obsessed too. :) Then when I know that they are safely on the CD, I delete them off the computer. You are funny.
I don't believe I have ever filled my camera up. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Mindi! I was just reading your blog because I'm bored at work! lol But because I hate deleting photos too, I put mine on Kodak Gallery. I have all my photos on there and you can print them at any time and they mail them to your house too! I think it's only 15 cents a picture and when you sign up you get your first 25 photo's free! AND no one can see your albums unless you want to share them with people! Just thought I would throw that out there!!! Good luck!