Sunday, March 15, 2009

I Think We Are All Done Nursing...???

So- the biggest news of all- I think Miley has decided she is done with nursing. It is a little bitter sweet- bitter in the sense that we are actually all done and we don't have that time together, and for the fact that I'm still making milk but not using it, so I'm a little full, if you know what I mean. But sweet because it is exactly how I wanted things to go, I wanted it to be her decision when she was ready to be done. She was very good at asking to nurse when she wanted it, she has been signing for it for several months now and the last few months she has actually been able to say nurse, 'nur', and Wednesday night is the last time she has asked for it. We were doing 3 times a day 4 weeks ago, then 3 weeks ago we got that down to just morning and night, then last week we cut out the morning as she didn't seem interested and just wanted to eat breakfast and now we are done. Thursday night I offered it to her without her asking and she really wasn't interested and that only lasted about a minute and a half, so Friday night we were all cuddling in our bed watching a movie and I said to Taylor- OH, she hasn't asked to "N" (our code word) yet-- he said- well, maybe she is done doing it, don't do it unless she asks. So, here we are Sunday night and still nothing.

I am so proud of her and I for reaching my goal! When I was pregnant I just wanted so badly to at least make it to 6 months, then that came and went and I just wanted to make it until 1 year and then I said however long after that is just icing on the cake and 2.5 months extra is just all she needed. She is such a good eater though so I know she is getting plenty full. And with getting a full tummy she is starting to sleep better through the night, we had a week set back as she had a cough during the night that kept all of us up and it was just easier to have her in our bed, but this weekend she has been sleeping GREAT! All night and even sleeping in until 8:30, in her own bed!

Speaking of Bed-- We have a question-- is 15 months too early to turn her crib into a toddler bed? We ask because apparently she LOVES to lay in Landon's toddler bed for fun and she is really good at getting in and out of it. I wonder if she would think it was fun to be in a toddler bed and if she got up to see if she would know how to walk to our room or just play in her room. The one thing that helps me think that maybe this would be OK is that our monitor is a movement sensor one- it is supposed to be for pets so you know if a pet goes in their room (like a cat going into the crib)- but I also read that it works great for toddlers- parents put it on the floor next to the bed and it beeps when the child gets out of their bed. We would of course keep the gate locked by the stairs and with that sensor it would give us peace of mind. I know I have readers with experience with this-- is it better to wait until they are 2?? We really don't have any idea. Opinions....

And- the biggest news of all- I'm sure most have heard, but I am currently unemployed, it was a huge shock and I am still a bit puzzled by the situation, but it is what it is and I think all things happen for a reason, I have been looking to get back into the administrative field and not do so much accounting for a few months now, looking, applied at one, but didn't actively seek anything so now this just puts fire under my bum to get out there and get a job that is really made for me. I had one interview on Friday that went pretty well and they said two times in my interview that it was very strong and that I really meet the needs that are specified. They had 11 people to interview and then were asking 2-3 back for second interviews early this week. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get that phone call. It is for an administrative assistant for a school in St. Paul. If I get the job I'll let you know more details. :)

SO- I've been spending all my time with Miley and loving every minute of it, especially now that the weather is better! Last week we did go a little stir crazy being bundled up in here but we spent so much time outside this weekend and plan on doing it all week, and even better, Taylor has spring break this week so we get to spend the whole week all together! We cleaned the garage today, Taylor mostly did, I should say- and then he plans on putting up the trim in the bar, then we have to move all our bar related items down there and paint the living room and then we will have completed our to-do list for the week. Should be fun! :)

Here are some shots of Miley this week- she now takes the camera and says CHEESE- the first one she wanted me to take a picture of her and then when I got ready she decided to get mad about it-- she sure can throw a tantrum!!

Here she finally wanted me to really take a picture of her during snack time. We have a pretty good schedule down already- breakfast first thing, play time for a few hours, 10:00 she seems to get a little crabby but not crabby enough for a nap so we have cuddle time in the chair and watch a little TV, usually whatever is on Disney- Handy Manny is her FAVORITE right now, she even has a Handy Manny and tool kit toy!- Lunch between 11:30 and 12, nap right after lunch, snack when she wakes up- then we do story time, practice our animal noises, dance to some music, play again until Daddy comes home- and then we have our evening. This week we will include walking outside into our routine- and playing on the slide in our backyard! :)


Miley the Princess, I just opened up her princess tiara and wand that she got for Christmas from her Great Auntie Tam-Tam and she LOVED it- she wore her tiara through breakfast and everything! -- OH- and she was yawning in this first picture, it is tough work to be a princess! :)

6 comments:

Shelly Pagel said...

Congrats on being done nursing.. that's the way it worked with Henry and I too.. he decided he was done one day so I didn't push it- and he's been just fine since them.. And actually kinda nice on me too! : )

Keep us all posted on the 2nd interview call!!

Natalie said...

Yay for no more nursing... and yay for Miley and mommy time:) As unexpected as it was, how wonderful it is to spend some quality time with that princess of yours. God will open doors. Give him some time=)

Miley is such a ham!

Heidi Sue said...

Yes, I'd say go for it! Toddler beds are great. Maddox loves his and we converted his at 15 months exactly. He never really liked his crib anyway and the toddler bed made it feel more like his bed and he liked going in there. The crib felt more like a trap for him.

Congrats on being done nursing. Don't be surprised if she asks for it again sometime this week though. I'm heading to Vegas next Friday and we're going to be done after that. I'm kind of sad about it, but it will be nice to have my body to myself for a while.

Grandpa and Grandma said...

I love the picture where she is holding her hands over her head and crying! Someday she will laugh at it, too!
I wonder if she gets fussy at 10 am becuase she is hungry. That is the time we have morning snack here. Maybe she misses that and needs just a little something before lunch!
Grandma Pagel

Jodi Duden-Clare said...

I think she'll love her little bed! She'll really like being able to get up and crawl in with mommy & daddy whenever she wants! :) She's so cute!! I love the picture in her two piece swimsuit!!

Nate and Jamie Sommer :) said...

We took Reed out at 10mo. and Gavin out at 11mo I think they are fine!! They loved the bed and could get in and out all be himself.....I'm sure she will do great!!