Saturday, March 21, 2009

More of Just Hanging with Miley

Miley has been up to a whole lot of things the past week. First off, I have to mention that she has some FAVORITE things... first favorite- Handy Manny, who would have thought that my daughter would be into a Handy Man... maybe I'm just teaching her early that she's gotta find herself a Handy guy when she gets older, like her daddy is, he can fix anything! Just like Manny! Nana got her her very own Handy Manny and every morning- still sleepy- she runs to the living room to get her Manny and then she wants to watch Handy Manny while I get breakfast ready and she holds her Manny and all his tools while she watches. Such a funny girl!


Her second Favorite is Micky and Minnie Mouse! We watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and they have a song at the end of the show that goes 'Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog...' and so she connects Mickey with Hot Dog-- that's what she calls him, so whenever she sees a Mickey or Minnie she goes HOT DOG HOT DOG.... if you can see in this photo she has Minnie Mouse PJ's-- she LOVES these PJ's- when Hot Dog comes on she'll run to her room and dig in her laundry basket and pull out the shirt and carry it to the living room and dances around with her shirt saying HOT DOG HOT DOG! It is soo funny!!! I think she needs a 'Hot Dog' stuffed animal or something!

As you can also see by the above picture- she now thinks it is is great to try on Mommy's bras and underwear- she puts them around her neck! The one day I went into our room and her and Taylor were playing in there and he was laughing so hard because he just let her dig in my underwear drawer and she had two pairs of underwear pulled over her head and a bra... I don't know who taught her that trick!

The other day Miley found some of my nail polish and brought it to me and I thought since the weather is getting nicer out I would introduce her to it and paint her toe nails. She thinks it is soo pretty- and a few days later she brought me a different color and pointed to her toes, so we re-painted them again and she looked so proud of them!

Here is Miley completely exhausted from a day of playing at the Breast Cancer Volleyball Tourney fundraiser and running around Brewsters with Maddox and Rowan!

Miley sure does have some interesting taste buds for a 1 year old. She LOVES SALSA!!! Taylor was having some of his parents homemade salsa one day and she watched him dip a chip, she LOVES to dip things and she wanted to try it, so he gave her a little taste and she kept wanting more and more and more. So, we wanted to see what she would do if we put a little on a plate for her- she was a PRO- she dipped her chips nicely and when she had a hard time getting the veggie chunks on her chip she just picked them up and ate them with her fingers! All the onions, pepper and tomatoes! I told Taylor that that is the way to get her to eat her veggies! Normally she practically gags when we make her try veggies! (Don't worry, we make her drink them, she drinks V8 Fusion to get those veggies in- we offer them everyday but she just refuses to eat them right now-- but salsa seems to be a creative way to get them in her)


She also LOVES popcorn! When I tell her we are going to make Popcorn for snack she dances around the kitchen until it's done and then she has to hold the bowl herself- so basically it is HER popcorn and she shares with us!


And just a cute picture of her reading the newspaper with Daddy. :)


And- I just wanted to put out an invite to anyone-- I am planning on going to a Children's Consignment sale on Saturday, April 4. It is at the Hasse Hockey Arena in Lakeville. Apparently it is a HUGE sale with GREAT items- all VERY clean, no stains and up-to-date styles. They will have their spring and summer collection out. It is from 9-5 and right now I am going by myself, so if anyone is interested in joining me, let me know! Miley is staying with Daddy so I can do some serious hunting for some good deals. For a first child we have to basically buy an entire new wardrobe for each changing season, I'm hoping next summer she will still fit into this summer bottoms, but she definitely doesn't fit into last summers bottoms right now so we need all new stuff. So, let me know if you are interested in joining me! :)

No comments: