Saturday, June 27, 2009

5 1/2 Weeks

Well, so far so good with this pregnancy, but I don't want to speak too soon because it wasn't until I hit week 6 that I started getting sick with Miley, so I'll just cross my fingers that things continue to go well. However, this weekend I have noticed how tired I am by the end of the week. Taylor and I were discussing how tired I was with Miley and would go to bed at 7pm if not right when I got home from work. I have been doing some reading online about second pregnancies and how the Mommy Mode just kicks in because you have a toddler to take care of and have no choice but to have energy, they did advise that you should go back to how you were when you first had your first baby-- Sleep when they sleep! So weekend naps will be on my to-do list until my energy comes back.

I do find myself showing much earlier, I tried taking a picture of my belly myself but the flash in the mirror made it hard to see, and I'd go and ask Taylor to take it right now but he is in the back with a few buddies having a bonfire, blogging sounded more interesting to me, it's all baseball talk right now. So I'll get one when I hit 6 weeks.

With this baby I am VERY VERY HUNGRY!!!! I'm really trying to make smart decisions but sometimes cravings get the best of me, I think I am just mostly looking forward to fair food this week... once I get those yummy corn dogs, cheese curds and everything else greasy in my system I think that will satisfy my cravings for awhile and I can get back on track.

I picked up another Pregnancy Journal from Barnes and Noble, which I did with Miley, basically it asks you questions each week about how you are feeling, what you are craving, if you are sick, your energy level, and if anything happened, it's been very beneficial to look back on for my friends and now for myself and to be fair, I wanted to make sure this baby has it's journey documented as well.

Man-- pregnancy brain comes back fast... foot long corn dogs... are on my mind... Have a good 4th!!!

No comments: