Friday, June 19, 2009

Baby #2

So- Baby number 2 is baking. It is still weird to say out loud. Last night, while laying in bed, I was watching a new show on MTV, 16 and Pregnant, thank heavens I’m not 16 and having a baby, but still, seeing them waking up every 2-3 hours and hearing the baby cry and changing those nasty breast milk diapers… are we really ready for this again? I guess ready or not, here comes baby. It’s just a totally different feeling from the first to, now, the second. With Miley everything was so planned out to a T- I was taking vitamins before I even got pregnant and now, I had to pull out my big bottle of prenatals and start taking them again and it’s hard to get back into the mind set to take pills. It was 10:15 last night and it dawned on me that I hadn’t taken my prenatals yet- then I had to say out loud to myself, I need to take care of this baby as good as I took care of Miley, so I got up out of bed and took them, I felt much better with myself after doing so, so hopefully now I will remember. I will say though, I like having the wealth of knowledge that I do on pregnancy, I am not even chancing it and am taking my prenatals at night instead of the morning because those are what started my morning sickness last time. My desk is full of snacks already, just to have ready for when I may feel that icky feeling coming on. And I just feel more comfortable in general on what is changing with my body. The differences- no breast tenderness yet, and I looked back in my pregnancy journal with Miley and that started in right away, maybe it’s because I just got done nursing Miley 4 months ago that they are still just used to it all. I am really hoping for no morning sickness this time, some say it can be genetic and my mom only got sick with my brother, so I hope I follow in her footsteps. And maybe, just having Miley will keep my mind off of it, thinking back to this time with her I could do nothing more then come home from work and go straight to bed, so I hope that feeling won’t be as strong this time around. I love my time with Miley at night when we are playing and running around.

A few have asked- how did this happen- well- you should know, but it was a few months earlier than expected. Originally our plan was to not even get pregnant until next May when Taylor graduates with his Masters, then it was maybe get pregnant so I’d be due at the end of May or June, which I would have LOVED to have a maternity leave when I could actually be outside. And then on Monday I came to work and my period is like clockwork, I know to the exact second that it is coming and it comes at the same time of the day and everything, so Monday I looked at the calendar and thought that something should be coming today. When it didn’t show up my mind started wandering- No- I couldn’t be pregnant- could I? No Way- accidents don’t happen to me. I talked to Taylor about it and his typical guys first words were- You’ll be fine- and I said- No, seriously Taylor, I think it is an actual possibility right now- and he got a little smirk on his face like he was halfway excited about that possibility.

Tuesday I talked to Kelsey to see if she happened to have an extra stick laying around her house, as she is 11 weeks pregnant, and luckily she had one that was going to go to waste so she told me I could just have it. On my way home Taylor calls and said his parents and Jenae were going to TI for free pull tabs and the buffet and wanted us to join them so we made that plan. But I told him we had to wait to go until Kelsey got off of work, I had been holding my bladder for 2 hours till she finally showed up, and at this point Jenae was at our house so I ran out to Kelsey’s car, grabbed it and ran inside and said, OK, we can go, start getting in the car, I just need to go to the bathroom, trying to keep it a secret from Jenae. Taylor popped his head in just after I got finished and nothing was happening at all, I told him I think I drowned it and wreck it or something, but I threw it in my purse just in case. We got in the car and I peered down at my purse and, Holy Crap, saw two lines… I started freaking out and obviously couldn’t keep it a secret to Jenae anymore, I pulled it out and said, OMG- I’m pregnant! And she just looked stunned- And Taylor, did the guy thing again, No Way- let me see it. And at this time it was kind of light but I know that if it shows up- it’s positive. As we continued our drive to TI it kept getting darker and darker. I took a picture of it with my phone to send to Kelsey because she wanted to know right away. And I had to tell Megan and Holly too. So- we go into TI and I am just giddy as all get up and told Taylor there was no way I could sit at dinner with his parents and not say anything. He finally gave in and pulled out my phone and told them they had to see this picture I had, Ken knew what it was right away and got all giddy- It took Pam a little bit to see it, she had to get the right glasses out.  They were very excited and completely shocked as well.

On the way home I told Taylor I HAD to tell my parents but was bummed that my Dad was out of town. Miley was with my mom so I thought I would just send them the picture I had on my phone and sent it just before we got to their house. It was perfect timing because as we opened the door my dad had just called my mom inquiring about the photo and we were able to have my dad on speaker phone to make the announcement. They were very excited and my mom asked Miley if she is ready to be a big sister and she said very enthusiastically- YEAH!!! It was cute.

So- I have my first appointment on July 20, we were able to get my appointment and Miley’s 18 month check up on the same day back to back so Miley and Taylor will be able to be at my appointment. My due date is February 23, 2010. Here’s to another exciting adventure for the Pagel Family.

1 comment:

CBSjoquistfamily said...

Yay!!! I'll be doing my OB clinic internship during your next appt. I'll be there and maybe see you!