Tuesday, July 07, 2009

4th of July

We had a busy but fun 4th of July this year, I think it will continue to get better each year as Miley grows; it just keeps getting more exciting seeing her experience things. We started our festivites on Friday evening at the fair where she was slightly shy towards the rides until Landon showed up. She got so excited to see him that I asked them both if they wanted to go on a ride and they each grabbed one of my hands and we headed towards the rides.
This is Miley on the Merry-go-round, I think she got bored with it...

On the Dora ride with Landon, she looked nervous when it started but soon settled into her seat and enjoyed it.


Driving the Semi-Trucks with Landon.


Ok- against my wishes at first, Miley insisted on riding the Tilt-a-whirl. She saw Landon go on it and she got upset that she wasn't included and kept pointing at the ride and pulling us towards it. Taylor and my Dad said to just let her go and they would take her along with Landon. I couldn't believe I was actually letting this happen. She was all SMILES during her ride! In fact, when the ride ended she wouldn't let Taylor lift the bar up and she cried and cried and cried when they took her off, she was SO upset that I said- FINE- we will go again, this time I went with my Dad, Landon and Jenae. With a full car we really got spinning and I think that last time was good for her, she got upset when we got off but nearly as upset as the first time. Bumpa had to walk away from with ride with her to get her interested in something else.



Then it was on to the Pony rides! Miley didn't want to go on them at first, especially the white one, she wanted to ride a black one, so they switched pony's and as soon as they got going she eventually settled in, and by the end she was hanging on all by herself and riding like a pro. She got upset when it was time to get off this ride too. But was soon distracted by the Sheep in the sheep barn.

Then onto Saturday morning we headed to the park to have breakfast with Ken and Pam. Miley was a good girl and enjoyed Grandpa's hashbrowns.

We were also dog sitting over the 4th and we brought Lexi with us to the park and Miley loved walking her.


I didn't get any pictures at the parade but we came back down to the park for a picnic and the parade. Miley sat on my lap for most of it snuggled under a blanket. Dylan, Nana and Bumpa walked by and gave her some tootsie rolls and she LOVED them, after a little big of sugar she livened up a bit and got more into the parade, she liked the tractors and horses the most. Then it was back to Nana and Bumpa's camper to take a nap, we enjoyed a nice two hour nap before we headed up to Brendon and Shelly's for dinner, then back home to get ready for fireworks. We met up with Ken, Pam, Jenae and Landon for fireworks at the fairgrounds. Miley enjoyed the fireworks she kept reaching up to grab at them. But she only lasted through half of the show as she then snuggled into my arms and fell asleep and didn't wake up until morning, even when I took her jeans, coat and shoes off at home. She was a tired girl!



It was a great 4th and when I think about next year I get even more exhausted- a 2 1/2 year old and an infant... It's going to be an even crazier one!

No comments: