Thursday, August 20, 2009

13 Weeks and the Heart Beat!

Yesterday we got to hear the babies heartbeat! It was very exciting. As we waited for Dr. Saul to come in we were explaining to Miley that the baby was going to talk to her and she would lift up my shirt and put her ear to my belly and listen. She is very aware that there is a baby in Mommy’s tummy. We talk about it daily and she always has to lift up my shirt and hug it or kiss it and sometimes she goes, SHH Quiet, so I ask her if the baby is sleeping and she says Yeah. It is very cute.

So, when Dr. Saul came in I laid down on the table and Miley sat in Taylor’s lap and was very interested in what he was doing to Mommy and was very quiet and enjoyed it. When he got done she lifted up her shirt as if she wanted us to listen to her belly but as soon as we paid attention to it she quickly pulled her shirt down. Funny girl. I thought Taylor and I were just going to pick her up from Grandma’s after our appointment but he was adamant that she come along and I am glad that he made that decision, it is much more fun sharing all of this as a family and I think it helps her understand more of what is going on. I am thinking it might be fun to have her come along to the ultrasound too so she can see the baby, I think she would get a kick out of it.

Well- the big news, the babies heart rate was 155, I pulled out my info card from my pregnancy with Miley and that was exactly what Miley’s heart rate was the first time we heard her. It will be interesting to see if it changes as Miley’s then went down to 147 and then 145 and stayed there the rest of the pregnancy. Again, it was a VERY quick appointment, been here done that kind of thing. Only gained 2 pounds in 4 weeks- WOO HOO! Totally thrilled about that. I only gained 27 with Miley and hope I am on track this time around as well. We go back now in 3 weeks to do some more blood work and then after that 4 weeks to do an ultrasound! I can’t wait. It always makes it more real.

This weekend is the 3-Day so we are heading out camping tonight, Thursday, and myself, Miley and my Dad will be cheering on the DuBar Dolls all weekend. My Dad and I are curious to see how things go with Miley this year, the first year I was pregnant with her so we were dealing with my morning sickness and keeping food in my stomach at all times, last year Miley was with but she wasn’t walking so we could at least keep her in one spot, now this year she is running all over the place so it will be interesting to see how exhausted we are come the end of the weekend. We do a lot of sitting and waiting at cheering stations for the Dolls to walk by, so we have a bag full of toys, a basket full of snacks and some places have a park so hopefully all of that will keep her occupied. Then Tuesday my parents, Taylor, myself and Miley are all heading to Underwater World, it should be exciting. :)

Here is Miley making the baby talk on the phone last night.

No comments: