Monday, October 12, 2009

We're Having a BOY!

Well, we are having a BOY!! Taylor and I went into the appointment thinking boy and even after the appointment when she went out of the room to write down on a piece of paper what it was and put it in our envelope we both looked at each other and still said boy! And we were right!!! This boy is falling under all the stereotypical sayings- 1) this pregnancy is different from Miley’s, 2) My cravings were different, 3) my morning sickness wasn’t as bad, 4) I’m carrying him VERY low, 5) he has LONG feet!

As we were doing the ultrasound she was slightly surprised but said it was very normal on how low he is actually sitting, he is already head down, but is small enough that he’ll more than likely float around for a few more weeks. When we first started my bladder was pretty full, it helped her check my cervix which is perfectly healthy and looking just right, but it was pushing him up against my placenta so much that we could hardly see him, so I had to go and empty it and then there was a lot more room in there for him to move around. We got to see him blink and move his eyes around and open and shut his mouth, both were really cool to see. Even though I’ve been through this before it’s still amazing every time. And now that I was able to see him move and feel it at the same time I am now feeling him move around more and more, I guess it just helped verify that what I was feeling was really him. It feels different from Miley as I carried Miley high at this point and he is just so darn low that it was a little hard to tell if it was a baby movement or gas but now I know it’s him.

When she looked at his feet she goes, WOW, this baby has got some long skinny feet! Which was the complete opposite from Miley’s short chubby feet. That to me gave it away, normally boys have the long feet. At Red Wing they now give you a CD of pictures and video of the baby! I just need to spend some time on the computer at home and get them uploaded so you can see them. The videos are very cool!

After the ultrasound it was off to my OB appointment, she went to check the heartbeat and she started way up high and I said the baby is very low, she went lower, and I said, no, it’s REALLY low, she was almost down by my pelvic bone before she picked up the heartbeat, I wasn’t nervous as I obviously just saw the baby, but I did say this one already is a pain as when we would check Miley’s heartbeat the doctors found her on the first try and every time we’ve tried to find his we have to search for it. Things have been going so well and with me being a second time mom it’s just so laid back at my appointments, I actually don’t go back for 6 weeks now as they don’t see a need to see me any sooner, so at that point I will do my diabetes testing and go from there.

I did go out and buy something Blue this weekend! I picked out a coming home outfit! And I am so thankful I did buy some things at the city wide sales, I got them all washed up and hung up in the closet so I could get them out of the bags and just have things put away. I talked to Miley a lot about her baby brother this weekend and as we were putting his clothes away I’d explain to her that they weren’t her clothes they were for her baby brother, she would then point at her belly and say brother. Well, at least she understands the concept but I’m sure it won’t be until we bring him home that it will sink in for her.

Oh- and Yes- Taylor is beyond excited- he already did the math- he’ll be 45 when our son will be 19, old enough to play for the Bears, and yes, Taylor’s dream is to be able to play at least one year on the Bears, together, with his son. And Keith and Taylor have it all planned out, their youngest son Tyler will be a pitcher like his dad and our son will be a catcher like Taylor and they will keep the Meyers/Pagel legacy going! Wow… is all I have to say!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I'm so excited you're having a boy! Obviously I dont know anything different, but its cool being able to think about all the "rugged" stuff i get to do with Kaiden. And also, I ADORED my brother. Miley and Baby BOY Pagel are going to be so close:) I'm really looking forward to future blogs from you! :)