Tuesday, October 06, 2009

20 Weeks

We are half way there! This pregnancy is flying by, I guess because with Miley it was all I could think about and now I sometimes forget that I’m pregnant as I’m too preoccupied with our little lady! I’m really feeling the baby move now, mostly in the morning when I get to work and a lot of movement when I lay down in bed at night. The movements aren’t quite strong enough for an outsider to feel but I’m sure within the next week or two Miley and Taylor will be able to feel it. I’m really excited to see Miley’s reactions to seeing and feeling the baby move. As for how I’m feeling, I did end up coming down with the stomach flu last week, I stayed positive and told Taylor that I’ve been used to throwing up with morning sickness so my body didn’t get as weak and ache as bad as everyone else because I’ve been throwing up on and off for the last 20 weeks. Joey even got sick- he got an ear infection! But our house seems to be in better spirits this week, minus the fact that the rest of Miley’s 2 year molars are now coming through. Never a dull moment!


Wednesday is the BIG day! I can’t believe it is here already! We have our ultrasound at 2:45!!! We decided we are going to do what we did with Miley, we are going to ask the tech to turn off the TV when she checks the gender and take a picture of it and put it in an envelope for us. We then have our OB check at 3:45 and then we’re going to head to the new southern food restaurant in Red Wing to have a nice dinner just the two of us and open the envelope!!! It was just so fun when we did that with Miley, kept us in suspense for a little while and it was a nice moment to share together holding hands and sitting right next to each other and then calling our parents right away!

Little update on Miss Miley- she is finally getting to be very independent, for a little while there it was hard to get anything done at home because she wanted to constantly be entertained and played with, which was fine, but my house fell apart pretty quickly. Now that she has her cool toy bin in her room she will actually go to her own room and play toys by herself, we peek in at her and it’s so cute to see her using her imagination. The one night she pulled out her Handy Manny and was ‘fixing’ things in her room with the tools, then she came running out to the kitchen and decided that the light switches needed ‘fixing’ too! Since we now have the smaller queen bed in the guest room downstairs we also made that a play room for Miley. She has toys and games in there and we hooked up a TV so she could have some noise back there and she LOVES it! She’ll run out to the living room and do a little dance or be silly then dart back to her play room and will just entertain herself. The one night we went to peek at her and she had climbed up on the bed and was sitting and watching Mickey Mouse. I think having a room like that makes her feel like a big girl. Speaking of being a big girl, I think we are definitely going to aim for potty training/learning in November. She is now telling us when she is going in her diaper and will run up to us and say Potty Chair and hold her diaper and smile, which means she just went. So I think having a weekend to be in underwear will get her to understand to tell us before she goes. Her vocabulary advances daily, I swear she learns at least 3-5 new words a day! No joke! I think November will be the Perfect time to really get working on it. I will take her shopping and let her pick out which panties she wants and then we will head home for a weekend at home!

Here is Miley in her play room downstairs.


Of course I will update after our big appointment… And because I’m sure you are wondering—if I had to guess… Boy… just because I feel so different and partly because that’s what we want it to be, but on the flip side I could say girl too just because we want a boy. We will be very happy with either, Boy just because who wouldn’t want one of each at least and Girl because I would really like Miley to have a sister to grow up with and have that sisterly support. If it’s a girl, yes, you can count on there being a 3rd- we just better keep paying stuff off because I don’t want to have any more kids after I’m 30… so 5 years to get it done Taylor! If it is a boy we haven’t decided yet if we will keep going or not, we will see what life brings us.

No comments: