Friday, July 06, 2007

Doctor's Appointment

The doctor's appointment went well. My weight is holding steady- I'm still down 2 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight- but I had been down 3 so I at least put back on one pound. She said with me dealing with this sickness that as long as my weight is holding steady she isn't going to worry about it until 20 weeks- then she said I better start putting some on.

I've been dealing with headaches and neck and shoulder tension- she said me being so tight in my neck and shoulder's is a bit different as usually your muscles loosen up when you're pregnant but I told her I've been seeing a physical therapist to loosen my jaw muscles and now that my jaw is better we still had sessions left so she is now working on my muscle tension and trying to help me get rid of these headaches. I told my doctor that when my physical therapist pushes on certain points in my shoulders or neck that I can feel it all the way up my neck and into my head-- she had some medical term for that- but she was glad to hear that hopefully that's the cause of my headaches and that they hopefully aren't hormonal ones- as there really isn't much you can do about those. I get to see my physical therapist now every other week until the end of summer so hopefully things will be better by that time.

Other then that- it was a real quick appointment- she said things are sounding great with the baby and they'll see me in four weeks!

I've now see Dr. DeLuca, Dr. Schmidt and Dr. Gruenwald (my normal doctor) and now the only two I have left to see are Dr. Nelson and Dr. Saul-- the only male. I know many women say they love their male doctor's- but I've never had one for my female stuff-- so I'm kind of nervous to meet him for the first time- so we are seeing him next- I wanted to meet with every doctor at least once because whoever is on call when I go into labor is who I get- so I wanted to be familar with all of them. So far- my favorites are Dr. Schmidt and Dr. Gruenwald. Next appointment- August 1st.

1 comment:

Kim Sjoquist said...

Dr. Schmidt just delivered Chloe in May and she was great. My favorite was Gruenwald though. Dr. Nelson was my savior though...she was finally the only doctor that pushed for my induction a day late. I have no complaints about any of the doctors, your in good hands. (Saul is a good one too...don't be nervous) :)