Monday, September 17, 2007

24 Weeks- 6 Months!!!

Alrighty- as requested-- Here is an updated belly shot and some updated photos from the nursery.....


Here I am- 24 weeks along... I feel like I'm going to be popping again soon- my tummy just feels tight- and the skin all the way around my belly button has a purple tint to it- Taylor said it kind of looks like my skin is just really stretching right there and my belly button is starting to come closer and closer to the surface-- so I keep up with the lotion and just hope that things stretch out nicely and don't leave me covered in stretch marks! I know- I don't have any control over it- but I figured I can do my best to help it.


We hung some things on the walls to make it a little more girly-- I got some hooks at Michaels (for $1!!) and I painted them myself--- then next to the crib is a poem I had hanging on my walls- Why God Made Little Girls.


Here you can see under the clock is my clown picture- you turn its nose and it plays Send in the Clowns-- whenever I got sent to my room or I wasn't feeling good I'd turn his nose and listen to the song and it always made me feel better-- Taylor thinks it's scary- but I love it-- and I'm not afraid of clowns- so I figured an early exposure to clowns will make our little girl not afraid of them either! LOL!
And above the closet is the Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep prayer-- Taylor and I both had this same picture hanging in our rooms when we were younger-- must be fate!


And here you can see Taylor's alphabet poster-- My Angel Poem and two Angels I had in my room and above the light switch is another prayer I had hanging in my nursery. It's so fun to be able to share these special things with my daughter- and to make her room look a little more girly! Just simple touches are making that room feel cozier!

Once she arrives and we name her I am going to get her name in those wooden letters and paint those and hang those above her crib-- so that's why that wall is still left blank.

Up next is my first baby shower on Sunday! I'm so excited to be able to put baby supplies in the nursery- it will make it feel that much more real! So check back next week for photos!

OH--- and I think I'm in my nesting period-- I just want to be home- and when I'm home I'm cooking, cleaning, decorating, trying to get things ready-- it's such a weird feeling as I use to HATE doing these types of things-- but now I feel like I just can't get enough of it! I'm so thankful that my body is handling this pregnancy so well and I'm able to move around so easily. I just pray these last 16 weeks go as smoothly as well.

No comments: