Monday, September 24, 2007

25 Weeks and 1st Baby Shower

Well- this was an eventful weekend- we went garage saleing- actually started on Friday afternoon, then woke up EARLY Saturday morning and ventured out. We found a ton of cute little girl outfits- and in VERY good condition and even some with the tags still attached! Me, my mom and Danielle all went one way and Taylor and Ben went the other so we covered a lot of ground on Saturday.

Sunday was my first baby shower and it was so much fun! My friend Stephanie even came down to surprise me at it- it was so exciting to see her!

This little girl got all kinds of wonderful gifts- tons of adorable outfits that I can't WAIT to dress her up in, her first books and cds, bottles, her bathtub, cozy blankets, pacifiers, bibs, her stroller and car seat and the list could go on and on.










And YES- you can call me a dork, but I just couldn't stand having the nursery look cluttered after I got home- so YES- I have already put everything away- I got all the clothes all washed up and hanging in the closet- the blankets nicely displayed in her blanket basket and all the "stuff" sitting nicely organized on the shelf of the changing table. I just needed to have it put away because I worked so hard on getting that room ready that it just made it feel more real now having all her things sitting out and ready to be used.

And of course- I made Taylor put the car seat and stroller together, I was too excited to see it and we need to make sure that the base of the car seat works well in our cars so we got it all put together and- it took a few tries- but we figured out how to make the thing work- so now we are pros at it. I was the most nervous on learning how the car seat, stroller, and them combined would work together- everyone else's that I've tried to do I haven't been able to figure out- so it was nice taking the time to push all the buttons and see all the neat tricks it can do, and now- we've got it all figured out!


I had a wonderful weekend and I am so thankful for all of the people who thought of our little angel and got her something nice- I think this little one is already loved by so many people and that is such a wonderful feeling to me to know that everyone is just as excited to meet her as Taylor and I are, she is going to be loved so much!

And- check this out--- me at 25 weeks--- can you say POP! I felt like I was getting bigger and bigger every single day last week-- and physically I noticed it- I was a LOT more tired last week then I have been in awhile- she really had a growth spurt!

1 comment:

Shelly Pagel said...

Hey sista (in law)
I think your belly looks great- don't get hung up on the size, I think you still look small! I wish mine would start popping out sometime soon- but all in good time!