Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Duden Easter and Playing in the Backyard

Miley with her first set of Pom-Poms!!!

Here she is in her Palm-Sunday dress for the Duden Easter that Auntie Shelly and Uncle Brendon got her for her birthday, it is so adorable on her!


Heading out for the Easter Egg Hunt- she did REALLY well, I'd help her find the eggs and she'd run right over and grab it and put it in her bucket. So fun!!


Here she is checking out the eggs she found and then opening up her Easter surprise for finding all of her eggs-- it was a set of bath Whales and when she opened them up she looked at me and told me what whales say!! (they say hhheeeellllooooo in a deep voice)




And of course checking out Great Grandma's dolls, she tought it was funny that she could take this ones hat off.


Tonight we headed outside to clean up the backyard. Taylor had several months of poop to pick up that had been frozen inside the snow all winter and I had some raking to do. This really was the first time that Miley has been in our backyard and been able to venture all over and check out the world. And if you don't know, I have a hard time with her getting dirty... so- I bundled her in layers, didn't want her cute coats to get dirty-- so I put on her rain boots, because they are easy to wipe off you know, and she was ready to go. She helped me rake, played in the rocks, checked out her outdoor patio set, played in the horse shoe pits and slid down her slide. She had a wonderful time!













And, I don't know why it surprised me, but of course my kid would want to taste dirt! Not once, not even twice, but FOUR times she put it in her mouth!!! We tried stopping her but sometimes you just can't get to them fast enough. Here she is saying yucky, but then looks at me like- What Ma-- it's just dirt!


When it was time to head in she went straight to the bathtub. She was pretty tuckered out because bathtime was VERY short and she stood up and said All Done-- meaning she was ready to get out. We got her jammies on, drank some water to wash down the icky dirt taste and she crashed! I hope she sleeps good tonight!



Well-- the most exciting news of all.... I GOT A JOB!!! I will be starting full time on Monday the 13th with Globe Universities Corporate Finance office in Woodbury, about a 35-40 minute drive from home. I will be their administrative assistant. It is a brand new position as it is a rapidly growing company, they just added 4 campus' this year and another 4 are planned for next year! So that is a great company to be working for, a place that is growing and not down-sizing! It all happened very quickly, I had my first interview last Wednesday, second on Monday and got the call this morning, Tuesday, saying they wanted to offer me the position. I am very excited about it as it is truly a position that I have always seen myself in and has lots of opportunity for growth. It is bitter sweet though, I think I am going to have a hard time going back that first day and leaving Miley, it's just like when I went back to work when my maternity leave was over, but only harder because now she is so much fun and we have a real connection, she's a little person and we talk and hang out and play together and now I will have to go back to sharing my time with work and then family time. I will adjust and get use to it quickly I am sure and just knowing that Grandma and Landon miss seeing her every day is comforting, her and Landon are going to have such a grand time getting to run around outside together now this year. I am excited to see all the pictures Grandma Pam takes!

Well- I'll let you all know how my first week goes next week! Thank you to everyone who was praying for us, we love you!!!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

YAY! Happy news! Glad to hear it's all panned out. Congratualations and good luck next week:)

Heidi Sue said...

Congrats on the new job! And I love the dirt pics. So cute. If I have a girl someday, I definitely need to borrow that dress - super cute!