Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Flu Bug

This weekend wasn’t quite what we expected it was going to be. Friday I went and got Miley and headed to my Mom’s bank to pick her up to head out to the early garage sales that started on Friday, while we were waiting for her to get off Miley and I were going to enjoy a cookie and then all of a sudden the flu bug started. I was completely shocked at first that she just all of a sudden went from happy to be getting a cookie to getting sick, literally with the snap of a finger. We thought maybe it was something she ate for snack and didn’t really think that she could be sick so we got in the car and went to our first sale as she was in a very happy mood again. But then it happened again at the sale, and again in the car on the way home- I knew at that point that she had caught the flu bug. It was 8 hours of this getting sick about every half hour to an hour, the poor thing. She knew she had to aim for the big bowl but by the end of the night she was so exhausted she would just cry out No bowl before she would get sick, we had to literally hold her up to get it all out as all she wanted to do was lay down. She finally was asleep soundly by midnight and we didn’t dare touch her or wake her. We had her sleep in our bed so we could catch her when she would get sick- beats having to clean up the mess in her room, we covered our bed with towels and had the bowl ready.

She was still sound asleep when our alarm went off to get ready to go out garage saleling. My dad came over to be at the house while we went out with my mom. Miley slept until almost 8am and woke up in a pretty good mood but then it started coming out the other end. We got some good deals at the sales and had a great time but after the 6th diaper change Dad called and said I might want to come home. I dropped everything and headed straight for home. He said she was in a good mood but just wanted to be held all morning, which I think he liked having the cuddle time. At this point we really hadn’t gotten her to eat anything, all she wanted was liquid which was great but I knew we needed to get something solid in her tummy or all that liquid would upset it. The only thing she would eat was nuggets from McDonald’s- so we got them 3 times over the long weekend, I didn’t care, it was something and she would eat it and it would stay down so I was fine with that.

Sunday she got sick again a few times as she only had liquid in her belly and 3 nuggets from the day before and Sunday is when Taylor started not feeling so well. I took Monday off as I had a hunch we’d be in for another evening of the madness. Sure enough- Taylor got sick over night and Miley still wouldn’t really eat anything. Monday was our day of rest, I killed germs all over the house and we finally got a little food in Miley’s belly and around 4:30 she was acting like her normal self, just slightly more cuddly. Tuesday was back to real world and everyone seemed better, Taylor was still weak but felt better as the day went on and Miley was still up and down and not eating very much but I’m not pushing her, she’ll get back to eating well when she knows her tummy is ready for it, she is drinking plenty and that’s what is important.

I’m feeling good so I’m hoping I don’t get it, I can’t imagine having the flu with a baby in my belly, that would be pretty scary. Our ultrasound is one week away today, we are so excited!!! Yesterday Taylor and I got ourselves our early Christmas present, a Wii and Wii Fit! We had fun getting it all set up last night and Miley really enjoyed watching and doing her own routine on the Fit board. We are hoping the rest of fall and winter now just bring us happy times and good things and no more illnesses! I Love Fall!!!

Not feeling so well on Friday evening- she just wanted to lay on the floor

Sleeping on the couch- she was exhausted and it was only 6pm on Friday evening.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That's pretty much what happened to Katherine. It was just all of a sudden with puking every half hour or so. It could have been worse. I'm happy everyone is feeling better.