Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Strange Reaction

OK- so far this pregnancy has just been one thing after another...

So- this weekend I went camping with my Mom, Dad and Dylan and Danielle to Lanesboro. We had just arrived and decided to go for a walk down town-- as we were leaving my jaw started to feel a little sore- I was just connecting it to my TMJ which I am currently see a physical therapist for-- as our walk continued the alignment of my jaw got more and more off and before I knew it my lips wouldn't even meet up correctly and my bite was basically almost on the side of my face and when I tried to talk I talked with a major lisp. It was the most painful thing ever! We didn't have a vehicle down there- just the motorhome so we planned on just packing it back up and getting me to St. Mary's ER immediately- luckily Peter and Janna were around with their car so mom and I hoped in and started driving to Rochester.

On the way I was icing my jaw to see if it would help- and then mom's purse split over in the back seat so, in all my pain, I reached back and picked up her things then sat back up again and all of a sudden my tounge fit back into my mouth! I looked in the mirror and my lips were touching like they should- it went back to normal! So we turned around- we had only made it to Fountain- only about 15 minutes from Lanesboro. But then on our way back my jaw started doing it in the other direction- so now my bite was on the right side of my face and I couldn't control it-- Mom decided it was a muscle thing and that the ice seemed to work so we continued back to the camper to ice and take a nap. As I was napping it finally came to my mom that when we were at the doctor's on Thursday she said my medicine she gave me could cause twitching- and twitching is a muscle spasm- and it finally was clear that my jaw had spased and since it was a weak point in the first place that is just where it attacked.

She got on the phone with the hospital immediatly and they told me to obviously stop taking that medicine and they called in a new one for me as they said that I had just experienced one of the possible side affects. - Man- who knew that some people actaully experience those side affects-- I never have done that before with any other medicine.

So- now I'm back on a new anti-nausea medication and things are looking back up again- even though I had to go through another horrible Monday when nothing would stay down-- but hopefully things from here on out will continue to go as planned!

Stay tuned for a Friday early evening post of our first ultrasound!!

4 comments:

Heidi Sue said...

Oh for weird! What were you taking?

Heidi Sue

Mindi Kay said...

It was something with a long name that started with a P--- I am now on Zofran (sp?)

Heidi Sue said...

Phenergan?

Mindi Kay said...

No it was something along the lines of prochloreper--- something like that-- I'm trying to remember what letters I saw on the bottle... something around that...