Monday, October 01, 2007

26 Weeks

Well- for 26 weeks the major things I have noticed are
1) I have been SOO tired, I'm glad that when I was super motivated to do things around the house a few weeks ago that I worked by butt off because lately I just want to go home and go to bed, she must be growing like crazy in there.

2) She is a kicker! She moves around almost all day long- she already has her own routine- she sleeps in the early morning- she'll wake up with me but goes back to sleep, I think the warm shower is calming to her, and then starts moving around again at about 8ish- then she moves and moves until around 11 and sleeps until after I eat lunch- moves around for a few more hours and is back to sleep from 2-4ish and then is off and on then all night long- its just funny seeing her routine all ready. Oh- and she likes my right side of my stomach better then the left-- if you want to feel her moving- reach for my right side and you might just feel her kick.

3) Ab muscles HURT when they start to really stretch out! Friday night I didn't sleep very well- I had a dull ache on my right side with occasional sharp pains, I woke up with it and when I got out of bed and starting moving around it just ached really bad. I called the doctor and she said that the location I was telling her where it was is just my muscles stretching out- that one in particular- right side in line with my hip bone- she said is normally 2 inches long- throughout your pregnancy it stretches to 6-7 inches long-- I said no wonder it hurts so bad! Now, today, Monday, its getting better just the occasional sharp pinch but it doesn't ache as bad as it did Saturday morning.

One thing they told us is now the baby can really hear what is going on outside the womb and you can read to her or play her music that is calming, so last night I put my headphones on my belly and played her a lullabye CD and she was moving around a little bit- I hope she liked it and wasn't moving around saying- STOP this music... they said calming music played while in the womb can comfort the baby once they are born as it is something familar to them, so I think I'm going to continue to do that for her. They also said that by now her heartbeat should be strong enough that if you put your ear to my stomach in the right spot you could hear her heart beating. So- Taylor gave that a try last night and he said he could hear things- he wasn't sure if it was her heart beating- but he could hear something going on in there-- AND- with her good aim- she kicked him right in the face- hard- three times- it was pretty funny! :) And- Taylor got to see my stomach REALLY buldge out last night too for the first time- I was trying to show him something on my stomach and lifted up my shirt and she kicked hard and he was like- whoa- what was that-- She is starting her late night shows for us, it is so exciting! I can't believe how fast time is flying-- it's already October!

2 comments:

Heidi Sue said...

Oh, I loved late night action. Corey and I use to sit and "watch the show" while Maddox punched, kicked, turned and more. It was quite entertaining. I can't wait to hold your little bundle!

Heidi Sue

Anonymous said...

She sounds very active...you might have your hands full! I am not looking forward to the way you tummy changes and tends to ache! You should do another tummy shot!! : )