Monday, May 19, 2008

Finally, a Warm weekend!

This weekend was so beautiful out! A little windy- but finally warm and sunny! I even wore capris on Friday and Saturday!! This weekend Taylor was supposed to go to a buddies cabin but it turned out that he had a fundraiser for Hastings baseball on Saturday morning so he couldn't go, so he decided to still miss his Friday night baseball game and have a family night with me and Miley. We went for a nice family walk around town and we were all in bed early- I think the fresh air and warm sun all day knocked us all out. Miley slept for 9 hours straight through! I couldn't believe it!!

Saturday morning when Taylor left for Hastings me and Miley walked over to my mom and dad's and spent the day with them. We went to my cousin Kaiti's High School and College graduation party- YES- She did post secondary so she graduated from high school and college at the same time! Amazing!! Congrats again Kaiti! :) When we got home Bekki came over to visit and Ben joined us shortly after and we all sat out on my parents driveway and had some snacks and smelled the beautiful trees that were in full bloom. Saturday night was my 5 year reunion and Bekki convinced me to go-- I just am shy when it comes to social situations- YES- I am shy when it comes to those type of things- so I said I would go and picked up Kelsey and we headed down while mom and dad watched Miley and we stayed for about an hour and a half. Then me and Miley had her first slumber party at Nana and Grandpa's. Taylor was up visiting a college buddy and taste testing all the home brewed beer he had been brewing, Taylor helped with a batch and he was excited that it was finally ready to try- he said that was the best batch out of the 3, of course!

Sunday morning my mom woke up to me and Miley cuddling on my air mattress in the living room- it was so cozy! Miley had woken up about 4:30 and I was very 'full' so I got up and fed her and we were so cozy so I didn't dare move her when she was done. Then it was off to the Bears game- Taylor got close to getting another home run for Miley but it landed right at the fence and he got a double. The Bears won over Hastings so it was a good game.

Sunday night was an awful night for me- I had two nightmares right in a row- I haven't had nightmares in a long time! I heard Miss Miley moving around in her bed around 3am and I got up to check on her and she was wide awake- so I fed her and slept with her in her room hoping my nightmares would stop if I was cuddling with her- I slept good until my alarm clock went off.

Miley slept like CRAZY this weekend- I think she is going through a growth spurt as she has been sleeping like crazy today too. I picked her up from Pam's and she fell asleep in the car at 4:15- woke up at 5 to eat and fell back asleep at 7 and she won't wake up for anything right now!

Here are just some fun pictures of Miley from this past week.... enjoy... and we are looking forward to a three day weekend! YEAH! The weather looks like it is supposed to be beautiful! I can't wait! Keep your fingers crossed for really warm on Monday so Miley can wear her 'Bears Uniform' to the game!





No comments: