Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

Well, this weekend was my first Mother's Day weekend and it was a good weekend. Miley was so happy all weekend and I had a blast hanging out with her (not that I don't every other day) :) Friday night we went to visit my mom and dad out at the lake at their camper. It was a bit chilly so I dressed her up in her little poodle coat and slippers- she looked so cute!! And she thought it was fun to look out the camper windows.





Saturday morning I thought it would be fun to have Miley just play with a bowl and a spoon, I think I want her to just get familiar with them over the next two months before we start eating- she thought it was pretty fun to bang the spoon on the bowl and toss the bowl around- I tried to pretend like I was feeding her- she didn't want anything to do with it- she thought I was crazy putting a spoon in her mouth, so that just confirms that we aren't quite ready for that step yet which is perfectly fine with me- it will come with time.




Then we all took Joey to get his shots, he did a very good job, and then me and Miley headed up to Forest Lake with Jackie and her new puppy Bella to see Brittney. Here is Miley holding Bella- I think she needs a puppy this size! Bella is only going to get between 4-6 pounds! Isn't that crazy!! Joey weighed 74 pounds!


Sunday she gave me the best present of all- she slept through the night and then woke up at 5 so her and I went downstairs so I could catch up on my DVR'd shows while I fed her and then we fell asleep at 6 and slept until 9- it was AWESOME!! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ME!!! Then I opened up my cards- she was busy again at Daycare this week and made me a card with her hand and foot traced on it- it was very cute. Taylor told me that I get to go and get a massage for all that I do... so that will be nice. :) Then we went to Henry's baptism and Taylor had a ball game so we couldn't go to the party- so we went back home so Taylor could get to the game to warm up and in the mean time I went to see my mom and give her her present- a pretty bird feeder and cardinal food- a pair has been hanging out in their tree out their living room window- Cardinals are my mom's favorite! Then me and Miley went to the Bears game- as I was putting Miley in the car I told her that we have to go and see Daddy play because she is his good luck charm and he hits home runs when she is there- and what do you know- we got there and the first at bat we saw he got a home run! This was Miley's second game and Taylor's second homer of the season! We better go to more games!! Here are the gals hanging out in our shades!


And of course we had to go to Dairy Inn for their annual Sundae on Mother's Day- I had a turtle one and it was VERY yummy! Well, it was a good weekend and I'm sad that it went so quickly- back to work tomorrow. Happy Mother's Day to all the Mother's out there. As I told my mom today- you never truly appreciate the love your mother has for you until you have a child of your own and I truly believe that, I didn't know you could love someone so much until I held Miley in my arms for the first time and my love grows for her more and more each day. She is my world!

No comments: