Monday, October 27, 2008

Hunting

So- this year Taylor is trying his hand at Bow Hunting and so far- for not getting anything- he really enjoys it. He had a good opportunity to get a 6 pointer but he thought Bob wanted to keep the little guys around to grow big for the up and coming years-- but as soon as he told Bob that he let him walk away he couldn't believe it! He said that for his first time bow hunting he should have shot at it! He said it is way different then gun hunting and the next time he sees a buck no matter how big or small (unless he still has spots of course) he should try shooting at it- and once he conquers his first deer with a bow then he can work towards a trophy holder!

So-- Needless to say- Miley and I have spent our fair share of evenings by ourselves as Taylor attempts to get us some meat. But this past Saturday night he talked me into coming and sitting out in a stand with him so I could see why he likes it so much. I said under one condition... Bob lets me play his Nintendo DS- and it had to have Mah Jong Tiles on it.

So- we headed out to Bob's, got all dressed up and walked out into the woods. The stand was just big enough to fit us both but there were also a couple spots higher in the tree that I felt I could relax in so I climbed up higher and sat between some branches and played my game as we sat out there. Let's just say that I MUCH rather enjoy hanging out with Miley at home! We only saw a few squirrels and racoons-- but that is probably due to the neighbors cows that got out on Bob's property, again, earlier that day. Taylor said that if I ever saw a deer I would feel that sense of excitment and then I would enjoy sitting out there... I said- I had fun playing my game but then my fingers got cold and I see plenty of deer in the ditches when I'm driving in the country- so go ahead and enjoy this by yourself. I like playing with Miley anyway-- and I do enjoy the meat when he gets one. We are hoping this year we can get a grinder so we can make venison burger instead of so much stew meat.

And Taylor- it was alright while it lasted and Thank you for inviting me to go with you, but I think it is a hobby you will have to enjoy on your own, just like I always have to go shopping by myself. :)

No comments: