Monday, January 12, 2009

12 Month Stats

Miley's 12 month doctor appointment went well. Everything checked out perfectly like always. 29 inches long-- which went down to the 75% percentile from the 90th last time, but they also got a new measuring device that is more accurate, so that could be why it has gone down he said. And I also think that she is about to go through a growing spurt- she's been acting like she typically does before she shoots up. She weighed 25.9 pounds, which is the 95% percentile, he said that she should probably start to level off here now and that her appetite might start to go down and that is perfectly normal. He also said that he would assume that by her 15 month appointment that her height will shoot up but her weight should be pretty steady.

She got three shots, MMR, Hep A and the 1st of 2 chicken pox shots. I was very happy to hear that he was getting her Chicken Pox shot now because of how awful mine was when I was 3. He said it is cases like mine that they now give that shot. In case you don't know, I ended up with a bone infection and in the hospital and home care for a few weeks with an IV around the clock. That experience was my first memory, and a pretty traumatic one.

He also said that her canines should be coming in soon, then we'll have a break from teething until it is time for those 2 year molars to come in. She has been drooling a lot now and has a runny nose, so I'm thinking they should be popping through within the next month or so.

So- now, today, I have been home with Miley, she has gotten a case of the flu bug somehow. On our way out to Pam's she starting coughing and then got pretty quiet- and of course, I'm driving in the dark, in the country, on icy roads and can't look back and see what's going on without getting in an accident and I can't just stop on a dime in the snow, so I was trying not to freak out and calmly slow down and pull over and once I did I looked back and she had thrown up- Everywhere! I didn't know what to do exactly, as this is the first time she has ever thrown up and she was just sitting there, in shock. I had thought it was maybe because she gagged on her mucus so we finished our drive out to Pam's, got in and stripped her down and she went into the bath tub right away. I told Pam to call if she threw up again and sure enough, I had just gotten back to town and filled up with gas and she had thrown up twice already! I headed back out there and we went home and cuddled all day. She threw up once more for me at home and then had a pretty good afternoon and ate a little and drank a lot, which was good. And then around supper time we went through 7 diapers in 30 minutes!! That was quite the marathon! She ate a little cream of wheat because she was hungry and then fell asleep at 6:45 and is in bed all snuggly. So, hopefully we will have a good night so she can get some much needed rest and we'll be back to normal by tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway.

Here are some photos from Miley's birthday night, we had supper just the three of us and a cupcake for dessert.







She just LOVES her Joey!

She wouldn't go to bed last night. I was very tired and couldn't keep my eyes open so Taylor stayed up with her in our bed until she fell asleep, and he had to document this- this is how she FINALLY fell asleep, sitting straight up, leaning against me.

Today, Miley with the flu, playing with her kitchen.

2 comments:

Shelly Pagel said...

poor Miley-- Henry got the flu bug on Saturday night- he threw up about 6 times and then I thought it was done.. he cuddled and we just kept clear liquids and cereal food in him, then Sunday night he threw up in his crib and then daycare said he threw his lunch up.. he seems better now, but still not 100%.. poor kids. It's not fair when they get sick. I hope Miley feels better tomorrow!

Heidi Sue said...

Ugh, that's totally why I hate going to the peds for anything. My peds is great, but all the germs. It's always a sure thing that a day or three after we're in there that Maddox would get sick. Watch her close though to make sure it's not long-lasting because she got a lot of shots at her visit too. Hope she feels better soon!