Sunday, January 04, 2009

Miley's First BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

I honestly can't believe that I am already writing this post! But we celebrated Miley's First Birthday on Saturday night. It was a wonderful time! She ate a really good supper so I felt good about giving her a whole cupcake to dig in to! When we set it on her tray she looked at me like- Are you really giving me this whole thing!?! And then she picked the whole thing up and squished it between her fingers and basically demolished it before she dug into it. She's a really good eater and doesn't really make too much of a mess so it didn't surprise me that we didn't have frosting EVERY where. It was still a mess- but not as bad as some might have been thinking. She got some great gifts and did a really good job opening them up all by herself. Although, with such an audience, she didn't want to leave my lap while opening.

I always write so much in my posts... I think I'll let these pictures do the talking...





















Her actual birthday is January 5, the same as Grandma Pam's. So I am sure they will have a fun day together since Mommy and Daddy have to go back to work. :( (We have been enjoying our time off with Miley) But we will still have a special supper and another cupcake- just for the fun of it, just the three of us.

And- a fun note for me and Miley... since we have had 10 days off together, we have started dropping a few nursings. Lately, it's been me asking her to nurse and when she is offered she will always take it, so this week I decided to wait until she was ready. We have only had to do it 3 times a day now. Morning, between 4-5 and before bed. She likes that evening one the most- that's because that is the time we get home from work and daycare and she misses her mommy- so that one might be a toughy to drop. But I am perfectly fine with where we are right now. I would prefer her to self-ween if all possible, and why would I take away something that is so good for her at this point in time if it doesn't bother me at all- ya know! :) But we did offer milk now and she loved it, didn't even have to mix half and half or anything, so she gets that with her lunch to make sure she is getting plenty of calcium and vitamins.

Her 1 year check up is on Friday- so I'll update with stats over the weekend.

4 comments:

Shelly Pagel said...

Happy Birthday again to Miss Miley!!! Hope she enjoys all her presents!

Cassi said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Miley!! I love the frosting pictures!!

Jodi Duden-Clare said...

Happy Birthday Miley Kay!!!! I loved all the pictures!

Heidi Sue said...

Cute pics! I can't believe she's one already either. It's just crazy how time flies. I feel like we were just packing Maddox up to go visit you in the hospital. She's adorable! Enjoy every minute!

Heidi Sue