Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Flu Update:

Miley is doing better today, but not quiet up to par yet. She had woken up at 8:30 last night and got sick in her bed, then we headed straight for the bathroom to clean her off and she got sick-EVERYWHERE in the bathroom, including all over me and my face! YUCK!!! We took off her PJ's and headed back into her room to get new ones, and again, all over her bedroom floor. What a MESS we had! But she sure felt better as she played and was acting goofy until 10:30 when she finally crashed in bed with us. I felt more comfortable with her sleeping with us, just in case she started to feel sick in the middle of the night, we would at least be right there to help her, with a towel in bed and another next to the bed for back up!

So far today, nothing has come up. She has had some messy diapers and has hardly ate anything, and didn't feel like drinking too much for Grandma either. But as soon as we walked into the door at home she headed straight for her favorite Pink Cabela's mug and drank a full glass of water, a little bit of juice, and nursed. So, she is getting re hydrated now. I am assuming the appetite will come back in a few days.

5 comments:

Shelly Pagel said...

ick! Henry still isn't back to normal yet-- he threw up a lot last Saturday- it was awful. He's not eating a lot yet, but he hasn't thrown up for a little over a day now and seems fine.. but I wish he'd eat and drink a little more. No fun when these little kids get sick. Good luck

Mindi Kay said...

More throwing up last night!! URGH! Now Taylor isn't feeling well.... wow-- I am ready for this week to be over! Luckily I have already had this crud...

Crazy that they are going through it at the same time! Hope he starts to feel better too!

Shelly Pagel said...

Ya- Brendon is still fighting it too. Brendon and I had it Monday (those that puke together stay together : ) and now I feel fine but he said his stomach still isn't right... so I'm not sure how long it lasts, but Henry threw up this morning again too-- just a little bit, but still. So he's had it for 5 days now. Poor little kids

Mindi Kay said...

OH NO! Don't tell me that!!

I'm sick of the illnesses and this darn cold weather!

Jodi Duden-Clare said...

I hope Miley is feeling better!! I better knock on wood, we haven't had any of this "flu" at our house. (Probably shouldn't even say something like that. It will probably backfire!) Hope everyone is feeling good soon!