Saturday, January 31, 2009

Internet Down

To all my blogging followers... I haven't neglected to post, I've just been unable to. I won't point any fingers here, but when someone was moving our Internet from downstairs to upstairs the cord broke, so we finally have someone coming next week to hopefully get it fixed so we can be up and running again. So, for now, I'll just post from my parents house and update you with pictures next week.

We are doing a slight remodel at our house. We are turning our downstairs office into a bar. It is looking really nice. We opened up half of the wall that connected the office to the living room and it looks so much bigger down there now. Taylor laid the same wood floor down there as is in the kitchen and right now, the bar walls are up, the bottom level of counter top has been cut to the right size, the bar stools are put together and the flat screen TV has been hung. We have progress pictures of the whole process so far. It's about half way done I would say right now.

We have staining to do for the cabinets and as soon as we get it, the top level counter top, then painting and a little big of sheet rocking- and then all the fun stuff-- decorating, etc. It's going to be a work in progress. We are going to get the above mentioned done and then over time Taylor is going to work on building built-ins behind the bar, open face cabinets, wine/champagne glass rack, mirror, etc. It will look very nice once it's all done, I'm pretty excited as it just makes the basement look so much nicer and spacious and the office was becoming just a catch all for junk so we have now moved the computer upstairs to the kitchen, which I really enjoy and got ourselves a new flat screen computer monitor and installed a TV outlet into our hard drive so we can either use the monitor with the computer or have TV in the kitchen, perfect for watching and cooking with the Food Network, I say.

Besides the remodel, we've all finally survived the flu, I ended up getting it for the second time and Miley's officially lasted 8 days. My dad also got it again, but now we are all healthy and ready for spring!!!!

Miley has been growing leaps and bounds mentally lately. She is just so smart, doing things I never thought a 1 year old could do. She is an awesome stacker, she stacks everything that can stack. She is such a problem solver- she was caring cans out into the living room and for two trips she was caring one at a time, and then she decided that it would go faster if she started carrying them two at a time! She must get that problem solving from her mathematical Dad!! She is really starting to practice her words, she'll imitate the sounds of words that we say to her, but she knows Ball, Baby, Book, people (ex: mama,dada), Pat (she'll say it and pat her lap), Bang (when she bangs two things together) and Hot Dog- and dances, from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, they do the Hot Dog Dance. She is really good with her signs that we work on- Nurse, she'll now just ask for it when she is ready, I don't offer, except for the weekday mornings when we don't have much time, but in the evenings I just wait for her to ask me when she is ready. She knows when she wants More of something and can sign that, and when she is done eating- sometimes she starts to throw and we quickly stop her and ask her if she is All Done and she'll do the sign and say All Done. She amazes me daily!

Like I mentioned, I'll post remodel pictures and Bathtime pictures of Miley once we get up and running this week at home. Until then- hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and good start to your week.

No comments: