Thursday, September 10, 2009

16 Week Check Up

Yesterday we had our 16 week check up and everything is going well. Miley and my mom came with this time and Miley held her shirt up in my mom’s lap the entire time I had my shirt up and she was checking the heart beat, silly girl. The babies heartbeat is now 135. Dr. Deluca said if she had to guess she would guess Boy… but also said the Old Wives Tales are true 50% of the time! :) I shared with her my Mindi Theory and she said that’s a good one and maybe I’ll be right. I spoke with her regarding how I feel after I eat something sweet, how I immediately get a low instead of a high and don’t feel good and have a yucky taste in my mouth and how that was completely opposite with Miley as I was always craving sweet stuff with her. I told her even an Apple made me not feel good. She agreed to lay off of all sweets as I also told her that one day at work I had a piece of carrot cake and felt really icky afterwards and went down to see the nursing students and had them test my blood sugar… 102 (testing an hour and a half after eating) with a blood pressure of 112/68.. couldn’t be any more perfect. So she just said to just lay off of them and avoid them, which is fine by me because the thought of eating them makes me sick.

But- here is my question now for those nurses out there- this has now happened 3 times to me as of late- last night we ate at Culvers and I had a cheeseburger, which I know the bun has sugar in it, about 15-20 minutes after I ate my vision got all blurry, I felt like I had squiggly lines running across my eyes, even when I shut my eyes I could still see them. It lasted about a half hour and then went away. The last time this happened was after I ate that piece of carrot cake, and the time before I hadn’t eaten anything and was about to go to lunch and it got better after I ate lunch. So- what is up with that?

The next appointment is in 4 weeks, I call today to schedule it and will be scheduling our ultrasound!!! I am so excited to finally see this baby!! It’s so weird not having an early ultrasound like I did with Miley.

No comments: