Thursday, September 03, 2009

The Mindi Theory

Here is Mindi’s Theory for what gender this baby is:

With Miley- I craved sugary cereals, pasta, chicken, grilled cheese, sweets, candies, chocolate: In my book those are considered girly foods- I mean, how often do you see a guy devouring the above mentioned food? At least in my family these foods were what the girls craved and wanted. And Miley was obviously a GIRL.

With Baby #2- I crave PROTEIN! I would kill for a big juicy steak or prime rib right now, ahem.. Hint.. Taylor… and every morning the only thing that settles well with my stomach is a hot breakfast ham and cheese sandwich. I like hearty meals, even though I can’t eat much of it at one sitting, but anything MAN related- SIGN ME UP! Give me a big juicy burger, a Brat a Hot Dog and especially the weirdest thing a glass of milk- since I’m lactose intolerant (but I have a small glass anyway, it’s always good to clean out)— but any of those things- Man, sign me up! I have found I cannot have any more sweets, first off, right now the thought makes me gag, but it just doesn’t settle well at all. A cookie I’ll take any day but the thought of eating a chocolate bar or cake or something rich- NO THANK YOU. A Rice Krispy bar or some Twizzlers is about all I can handle. So- in my mind these are all foods that Taylor would eat- the BOY foods… so- in my mind- if I had to guess- I would say BOY.

Good theory- huh!

And my question for the day:
We get our annual flu shot when they do the Free shot clinic at St. Pius, since Miley had her first flu shot last year, the two part one, can she now just get her flu shot at the Free shot clinic or is a toddlers dose smaller than an adult dose, meaning I better take her to her Doctor’s office to get one?

9 comments:

Jodi Duden-Clare said...

I've been craving Chinese...it's bad!! I hope it doesn't mean anything!!! LOL!

Mindi Kay said...

Chinese is the grossest thing to me when I am pregnant! HAHA

Jodi Duden-Clare said...

Maybe it means we're going to get a Chihuahua! (Too funny!)

Shelly Pagel said...

That's funny you crave so much, I never did... I kept waiting to crave something funky and never did. When do you get to find out the gender? 20weeks? fun fun!

Mindi Kay said...

Yeah- it should be about the 1st week in October. Bummer I won't know by City Wide Garage sale day... so I can stock up on boys clothes... I suppose I could ask- but I like waiting until I'm further just to make sure it drops if it's going to drop, if you know what i mean! :) HAHA

Jodi Duden-Clare said...

My boss's daughter is 10 weeks. It's their first grandchild.

Natalie said...

Well,to back your theory up I ate steak, peanuts, and burgers during my pregnancy. One time i ate 8 brats in two days. ummm yeah- who does that?! In the mornings I'd have the jimmy dean sausage, egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches (thus explaining my huge weight gain), I craved pizza like EVERYDAY and i LOVED mashed potatoes. Oh, and MILK was HUGE for me. I'd down almost a half gallon in one sitting. The only thing that stopped me was my laziness to go out and get another gallon. Personally I have a feelng you're going to have another girl. I'm not sure why. Regardless it's going to be one hella cute kid!

Angie said...

Hey Mindi! Maybe you're right!

As far as the flu shot, I'd bring Miley in to get the pediatric version. It doesn't contain thimerosol (the multi-dose vials do). Some pregnant women also get the ped version, but two doses of it. Heidi might know more, though, since she's a nurse.

Cute post!

Rapp family fun said...

Mindi-
I totally craved only proteins and real foods with I was prego and I had a boy. I couldn't hardly drink a soda for the first 4 mo's because it was to much sugar.It's always fun to guess what your having! I don't have much to compare agaisnt but boys are SO much fun!!! As for the flu shot-yes the doses are different for toddlers compared to adults and you should bring her to the doctors to get her.