Monday, September 21, 2009

Master Bedroom Makeover

This weekend while Taylor was gone at Master’s School I got to work on our room. This year for our anniversary it was my year to plan what we do and we have just been so busy lately that instead of going out and doing something or going somewhere I would update our bedroom instead. When Taylor left for school on Saturday morning I got right to work with getting our queen bed away from the wall and everything all cleaned up and taped ready for painting. I dropped Miley off to play with Jenae and Landon as I painted the wall behind our bed a dark chocolate brown. Then Theron and Matt came over and helped me move the beds around. We had my grandparents old king downstairs in our guest room so I bought a brand new mattress and had it delivered to my parents house to keep it a secret from Taylor and we brought up the frame, box spring and headboard from the king and took our queen down to the guest room. Theron and Matt picked up the mattress and got everything all set up for me. I got the new bedding on and the new curtains up and the room all put back together and was very happy with the results! I made some creamed eggs for my helpers this weekend as a Thank you, I will post my recipe on my meals website later. Taylor loved the room when he got home and a big bed is just SOO comfy, we can both sprawl out on it at the same time and it is just wonderful, we are sleeping so well at night now! Especially now that I feel the need to have a pillow pushed up against my back and a body pillow between my knees and supporting my tummy when I sleep, with the queen Taylor was practically falling off the bed when I would do this, so now we are both comfortable!

Miley and I had a really good weekend. She was happy and fun to be around. Lately she seems to be crabby when she’s around me, probably because she just feels comfortable getting that crabbiness out when she’s at home around me, but it really gets depressing sometimes, even more so now that I’m pregnant. So I was so happy that her and I had an awesome weekend while Taylor was gone at school. Saturday she helped me get the room together, and Sunday was our fun day. We were lazy all morning as she came down with a runny stuffy nose on Saturday so I wanted her to just lay low and rest and after our lazy morning the runny nose went away. We went to McDonald’s for lunch and she was so well behaved and then to the grocery store for a few things. She hasn’t been a very good shopper lately as she just wants to run around the store so I was nervous about going and she was an Angel! She was so good at McDonald’s and half way through the store so when we got to the cracker isle I let her pick out a little box of those Carnival animal crackers, you know, the ones with the little white string to carry the box. So she snacked on those through the rest of the store and was just happy as a clam!

When we got home it was nap time and she went down right away and took a good nap and then we played for the afternoon. Then we decided to go visit Nana and Bumpa when they got home from camping and she was so excited to see them. Her new game last night was to put a bucket of water in this crate, fill the bucket with rocks and then push it up and down the driveway, kids are so silly. And because she got all soaked and muddy it was off to the sink for yet another bath, mind you she had 3 baths in less than 24 hours yesterday- Saturday was bath night, Sunday morning she filled her hair with syrup, and then got muddy from playing outside Sunday night!


When we got home she totally shocked me, she has one Hannah Montana Barbie doll which she has NEVER paid any attention to before and she went straight to her room to her toys and pulled it out and it didn’t leave her side for the rest of the night, she even had to have it to go to sleep. I swear she grows up overnight sometimes! Already into Barbies!!! I thought they wouldn’t be cool to her until she was at least 4.

This weekend is City Wide Garage Sales and I am TOTALLY pumped!!! Now, here is my question- Miley has plenty of clothes for this fall and winter that I scored at the consignment sale a couple weekends ago, so I really don’t need to be searching for her while we are out, and I know it’s obviously 50/50 that I’m having a boy, but I really think I am this time and if I can find some good deals on stuff, is it a dumb idea to get some baby boy clothes? I mean, it’s so hard to pass up and I’d be kicking myself if/when I find out two weeks from now that it is in fact a boy and I have to go to the stores to stock up on boy clothes. I mean, I guess if this is a girl I can just pack up the boy stuff I get and save it, and if I never have a boy I can just turn around and sell it again. Would I be crazy to buy stuff, or crazy to not buy stuff??

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Garage saling is always a good buy, but if you decide to hold off on little boy stuff I recommend going to Once upon a Child. My mom got Kaiden's wardrobe there for cheap! It's a bit more money than what you'd probably spend at a garage sale, but if you buy for a boy and have a girl than you're spending money for nothing. Just an idea.

CBSjoquistfamily said...

Get the boy stuff. Honestly I have a HUGE bag of boy clothes I've been collecting since I was pregnat with Sophie. I still collect to this day and I'm not even pregnant. Even if you have a girl, you could always have a third :) or just give them away too. But if you do buy them don't spend too much, and make sure they are a "Can't pass up" kinda thing. I wish I could go but we'll be in NJ for Ryan Ns wedding.