Tuesday, September 08, 2009

We had an exciting Labor Day weekend… the Bears are 3rd in State!!! Everyone is VERY excited as it has been since 1952 since the Bears have made it to the final rounds in the State tournament. Friday was their first game of the weekend, which they won! Miley and I made the trek to Gaylord and Arlington when I got home from work which didn’t go as smoothly as I hoped. Normally she is a pretty good traveler but that day she decided she wasn’t feeling the road trip. We started off really well, I had her tray, which fit perfectly over her car seat, she had color books, books to read and was also watching a movie on my portable DVD player.

Well, this all was fun until about Stanton! Then she threw a fit all the way to Northfield!! I was planning on stopping to get dinner in Northfield and she wanted to go to Mickey’s, as she calls it, so that was exciting but then threw a fit when I poured her milk into a sippy cup versus letting her drink out of the bottle, sorry hunny but I’m not letting a toddler drink chocolate milk in a car without some sort of non-spill lid! Thankfully, there was a train that we had to wait for and that was VERY exciting to see. She kept saying CHOO CHOO and doing the arm motion and talking about it as it passed, then she was happy to eat her dinner and she ate very well. But, once dinner was over the movie decided to skip and ended about 30 minutes early and I couldn’t get it going again- so then it was on and off tantrums until we got to Gaylord to the hotel.

I will say that that is a long drive in a car without someone else to help entertain her and I guess I can’t expect her to just sit there and not make a peep for that long of a car ride. We got to the hotel and checked in and she was very excited to be in a hotel. We got all changed into warmer clothes and then headed for the ball field. Grandma and Grandpa Pagel wanted to take her for a little bit at the game, so Mommy got a break to chill out and cool down and enjoy some of the game. After the big win we went back to the hotel and popped pop corn and watch a movie on TV and she was one happy, excited girl. She slept GREAT all night and had fun going down to the Continental breakfast and just hanging out with Mommy and Daddy all day. We went over to the Bar and Grille next door and had lunch and she had fun playing Buck Hunter with Daddy and then back to the hotel for a solid 2.5 hour nap!



Saturday night Miley went home with Grandma and Grandpa Pagel so I could go out with Taylor and some of the other team so we could enjoy some time together and I guess Miley talked their ear off the entire drive home! We all thought she would fall asleep for sure, but she just wanted to chit-chat and talk about the big beautiful moon that was out.


Sunday was their last game that placed them 3rd so it was then time to go home. I told Taylor they could have their celebratory party at our house and me and Miley would go to my parents house, even though they weren’t home, and would just sleep there. We had a fun little slumber party and I made pancakes in the morning and then we went home and got Taylor and went out to Uncle Theron’s to pick up Joey and see the chickens and pigs. Miley LOVED the chickens and we fed the pigs apples, well, I did, she wasn’t too keen on giving up the apples that we collected from the apple tree. After some yummy tacos at Grandma and Grandpa Pagel’s we then headed to Cabela’s to get Taylor a new bow for the up and coming hunting season.

It was a great weekend and it seemed like it went on forever, which is a good thing. We did a lot in three days and I declared that every weekend should be a three day weekend! Humm… could I swing only working 32 hours…

I go on Wednesday for my 16 week check up. My mom and Miley will be coming to that appointment so Nana can hear the heartbeat. I’ll update with stats after the appointment.

No comments: