Friday, June 04, 2010

Family of Four??

Are we really done having kids?


This is a question I SERIOUSLY ask myself EVERY SINGLE DAY!

I think for the fact that having a child is something that I can 100% control and it is sort of like playing “God” by choosing to bring another life into this world or not. Just to know that you have all the control on whether or not you want to, for me, is what makes this question so hard to answer. I’m good at having kids. My body carries babies well, I deliver well, I bounce back fast, I have lots and lots of milk, and if I may say, Taylor and I make pretty cute babies!  These are the reasons that run through my head when I lean towards having another.

BUT

It seems as if this world is made for a family of four. If we had a third kid we would be forced to get new cars that could fit three car seats, vacations would cost that much more, we are out numbered, I’d have to wait until the third kid gets a little older to do some of the fun family things I want to do, we couldn’t think about moving until the third kid started school, then on a selfish note, what if I don’t bounce back as quickly, what if I end up with post partum?

As you can see my ‘stick with two kids’ list seems to be larger than my ‘have another’ list. Taylor and I talk about it all the time and we feel that since we were so blessed to have one of each that it is a blessing in disguise telling us that we are suited for being a family of four. I told Taylor that I have 4 years left of my child bearing years and I refuse to have a child after I turn 30 so whatever we decide we have 4 years to make that decision. Some would say, you have 4 years so why are you stressing about it now? Well, I feel that I have to make a conscious effort to make sure I remember and cherish all of the baby moments I have with Cooper as it is more than likely the last time I’ll experience these moments.

With that said I have registered myself to be apart of the From Yours to Mine consignment sale on September 25. I will be spending my summer preparing all of the kids fall and winter clothes to be sold at this giant consignment sale. Then, I will put their spring and summer clothes in the spring sale next April. I have been going to this sale for the past two years getting stuff for Miley and I always SCORE on tons of great stuff and I am now looking forward to being a consigner and getting to take advantage of the Pre-Sale shopping all consigners get to participate in on Friday evening. Not only will I be cleaning out the 7 large tubs and 10 grocery bags of clothes we have piled up downstairs but I also have found a creative way to earn money for Christmas shopping, and then both of the kids birthday’s which all happen to be back to back to back.

We decided that I will at least sell the clothes as if we have another kid I’ll just get new stuff as our stuff will probably be out dated, but at this point I’m thinking that if we have another baby it will be a complete accident and defy the medical theory of this IUD being 99.99% effective. I keep going back on forth on whether or not I’ll start to sell the baby gear as those items are rather expensive to replace, if we ever needed to. Guess I’ll just have to make that call when the time is right.

The Pagel Family…. Family of Four…. I think that has a good ring to it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've heard some good stuff about From Yours To Mine. Are you going to volunteer too? The volunteers get FIRST pick and it's well worth it.

I have 2 kids separated by 6 years. After 4 years of saving clothes and equipment from the firstborn, I finally decided to sell everything except for the really special and sentimental outfits. With as many consignment sales as there are out there, I figured I could easily replace the clothes and equipment. It was so easy and a LOT easier that finding room to store it all. :)

Check out http://www.consignmentsalequeen.com for some great tips to help you with your first time consigning ;)

Please let us know how well you do.