Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Memorial Weekend

We had a fantastic Memorial weekend!!! Saturday I took the kids to Zumbro Falls where my parents were camping and I brought Miley down by the river were we first made sand castles and a sand turtle and then I grabbed her little tube and put her in it and I took her down the river! I swam behind her while I rested my head on the back side of her tube and she sat with her legs hanging over the top of it, just like a big girl. She thought it was great! I took her first for about 20 minutes and then later in the day my dad joined us and we did the full route, which was only about 40 minutes. This time I had my own tube, she ended up sitting in my lap towards the end. I’ll have to wait for pictures from Auntie Janna on the tubing adventure!

Taylor couldn’t come with us on Saturday as his team, which he coaches, had their first play off game. His team only won 3 games all season and on Saturday they won the first play off game which then they had a game on Monday morning and they won again! They have now made it to the double elimination round and are scheduled to play on Thursday and Saturday. Go Raiders!

Sunday we had the Bears game- Taylor got a HOME RUN!! Miley loves cheering on her daddy and running the bases afterwards.

Monday we watched the Memorial Day parade as it goes right by our house, Miley was SOO excited to see the Marching Band. She is really into marching bands right now. She can name all the instruments, thanks to her most favorite show, right now, Calliou. She even asked to watch the Marching Band episode as she ate breakfast that morning. Silly girl. Then it was off to the Bears game. Miley and I spent most of the game at the playground, 1 hour exactly on the swing. Then it was off to Brendon and Shelly’s house for a little BBQ.

It was a great weekend! As much as I LOVE my little baby I am really looking forward to being able to do things with both my kids. Right now it has been nice being able to spend special alone time with Miley as I do pay a lot of attention to Cooper but I am looking forward to the day where I can run around and play with them both. I’m sure once he becomes mobile I’m going to wish for him to be a baby again as I’m sure I’ll be running back and forth in different directions, but hey, when your baby is 20+ pounds I do look forward to him being able to walk! Mommy sure gets a workout!

I need to get more photos off my camera, but here are a few to hold you over. HEHE

Miley and I playing on the beach at the river


Cooper enjoying a nice long snooze in the shade

No comments: