Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Breast Cancer 3-Day

This past weekend the Du-Bar Dolls walked in the Breast Cancer 3-day and it was an amazing weekend! Dad and I camped all weekend and went to all the cheering spots and cheered them on and gave them hugs to keep them going. They all did amazing- dispite a few blisters- they stuck it out and made it across the finish line. There were just over 2500 walkers at this event that raised 6.5 million dollars for breast cancer research!

Taking off-- they are all wearing pink Tilly (fishing type) hats- leaving the opening ceremonies.


Here are a few of them at the first cheering station- 7.5 miles into their walk on the first day.



Here is my sign I made for them.



Mom and Michelle wearing their parents rings close to their hearts.



The last and final day at the last cheering station- right in front of the Cathedral- it was beautiful!



Crossing the finish line all together! They made it!!!



Sisterly Love :)



With 60 miles behind them- sore blistered feet- they are still all smiles!

1 comment:

Aeryn said...

I saw 3-day walkers when I was helping the marching band kids get on the busses Sunday. I kept looking to see if I could find your mom and the Lindells, but alas, they did not pass me then.

I'm so proud of all of them... :)