Thursday, October 11, 2007

Gestational Diabetes- I PASSED

I passed the 3 hour test with flying colors! YEAH!!! I knew I would--- I think it was those darn potatoes! SO- note to all pregnant women- don't eat potatoes the night before and the day of your 1 hour test! I think I had potatoes every day that week-- opps! :)

The test wasn't too bad- they had a little bed in a room that I could lay down if I didn't feel well or got tired and after my 1st draw after I drank the juice I couldn't keep my eyes open and my stomach wasn't very calm so I went and took a 1 hour nap and it was great! I felt much better after that. And I wasn't allowed to bring the laptop from work they decided last minute- liability issues I guess- so I brought my portable DVD player and watched The Devil Wears Prada!

The nurses are so nice-- about 5 minutes before I had to go and do a draw- I was laying in the room and was having a little bit of heartburn or something and some of the juice started coming back up and I sat up quickly and started coughing and a nurse came running in there making sure I was OK and wasn't getting sick. She said I looked very flush and gave me a cold towel to put on my neck to cool me down before she drew my blood. I thought that was very kind of her to take the time to keep an eye on me even though they were super busy in there with other patients.

Well-- I'm offically 28 weeks tomorrow- so I'll write about that next week- Hey- and it's my Birthday on Monday- October 15! YEAH! 23 sounds SO much older then 22.

1 comment:

Heidi Sue said...

Woohoo! I told you not to worry about it. Congrats!