Monday, March 03, 2008

2 Months Old

I can't believe that my little girl is going to be 2 months old on the 5th already!! That just amazes me! Miley is getting so fun. She changes by the day! Miley's new accomplishments at month 2 include:

Sleeping through the night!! In bed by 9-9:30 and asleep by 9:30-10 and sleeps until 5am when our alarm clock goes off.

Falling asleep on her own- we follow the put her 'Down Awake' method where we let her get her energy out close to bed time- then I change her diaper and give her a little snack and then she's tired but still awake and we just lay her down in her crib so she can put herself to sleep. She doesn't cry at all- we turn on her Turtle- it plays music and lights blink and little fish swim around- and it puts her right to sleep!

Smiling a lot more when you talk to her- this is my favorite- now you know she is listening to you when you talk.

Laughing- she's only done this a few times- Taylor's heard her twice and I finally heard her once, it was so cute. When you play with her sometimes she gets so excited and you know she wants to laugh but it just won't quite come out all the way all the time yet.

Interacting- she loves to lay on the floor while you talk, sing, and give her toys.

Books- Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? Is her FAVORITE book- I love to see how excited she gets when we take it out, she really likes to look at the pictures now.

Holding up her head is getting better- she'll hold it up for a little while if you sit her up- she can't quite lift it off the ground when she is laying on her tummy but she's working on it- she is just like Tigger she sucks on things- so when I lay her on her tummy she sucks on her blankets- it's the weirdest thing. I've now started putting toys out in front of her and she'll try to lift her head so she can see them- so this skill is still a work in progress.

Singing Songs- she likes Patty Cake, Itsy Bitsy Spider and You Are My Sunshine.


This is the cute outfit that Daddy dressed Miley in all by himself when he stayed home with her for my first week back at work.

Playing in the bouncy seat!

Sitting Pretty

Miley and Nana

I just love her in her little winter hat!

Miley and her Godmother, Bekki

Miley's got a full belly- she looks satisfied!

Playing with my new friend Sophie Sjoquist- Sophie thought Miley tasted pretty good and Miley thought that was pretty funny!

Miley LOVES her Rainforest bouncy seat- she loves to stare at it!

OK- I know this picture didn't turn out the clearest but it is just too darn cute to not post- doesn't she look like a little person sitting there next to daddy! It makes me laugh!

Miley goes for her 2 month check up and shots on the 6th- I'll let you know how that goes. I weighed her last night on my scale- you know- weighed myself then weighed again while holding her- so unoffically- she weights 13.4 pounds already!!! Momma's milk is doing her good!

No comments: