Sunday, November 11, 2007

32 Weeks

Well- 32 weeks brought on some answers. I had a Dr. appointment on Friday with Dr. Saul and he really explained the whole picture to me. I left my appointment with no more questions. Basically what he told me is that what I am feeling are true contractions but they just aren't strong enough right now to do anything. I may be one of those mothers who just is more sensitve to the changes going on with my body and I just need to keep an eye on it. I haven't dilated any more, my cervix is still facing down towards my tailbone instead of out, I am 25% effaced and softening to a negative 2. So- things are changing- but at this point not drastically enough to be TOO concerned, but I will have to be checked every single week until the end to make sure things are changing gradual as they should.

So- I am suppose to take it easy. If I start getting contractions I need to lay down and rest, I need to have plenty of fluids and just watch myself. If the contractions start getting stronger then what I have been experiencing right now then I need to call in but for now- just basically lay low to keep this little chicka baking for a while longer. I'm not on "Bed Rest" I am just on "Rest" so- I'm not suppose to be driving myself all over the place alone for a long period of time or up and running around like I normally would. Taylor has to help with all the chores, no more carrying laundry up and down the stairs and for work- its kind of going to be trial and error. He recommends me not going but I told him I may have the option to work from home and maybe just going in for a few hours of the day and he said that would be perfectly fine. That way I can lay down when I need to and if it takes me from 7am to 7pm to get in 8 hours or work- then so be it. I seem to be having good days and bad days, Saturday was a really good day- not a single contraction, Sunday is a so-so day- so far, I had some wake me up from my sleep last night and several more this morning but after laying down and relaxing they have seemed to have quieted down for now.

So- it's just a waiting game- She could come soon or I might be one that they end up having to enduce because she changed her mind and doesn't want to come out- only time will tell. And I suppose I should appreciate this time right now, being able to rest often, I better stock up on that rest because before long- "Rest" will be a foreign word to us!

We just realized a few things the past week that I thought I'd share- In just a few weeks we will have a child for the rest of our lives- it's kind of a weird thought. We were talking about when to take our Christmas Card picture and realized- this will be the last Christmas card that we'll take just the two of us for a very long time! And on Friday we decided to go out and have a nice dinner just the two of us because with the holidays coming and our weekends filling up fast with events and hunting- honestly- that was probably the last dinner we'll have out just the two of us before we have a child to worry about either taking with us or finding a babysitter. So- here we go- taking the leap into Parenthood!

32 week Photos! She's a basketball!


1 comment:

Emilee said...

I will Babysit any time you need me!
-Emilee