Sunday, November 18, 2007

33 Weeks........ Deer Camp

Well- first off- Had a doctor appointment on Friday, she didn't want to check me because she didn't want to stir anything up. She said that if with what I'm doing with work and making sure I just take it easy is helping with the contractions then to continue with that plan of action. It's all in finding what works for each individual as each pregnancy is different and this seems to be working for me so far so I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing. I measured 32cm which she said is fine, I had been measuring right on up until now, but for the last two weeks I've been measuring a week behind, she could be sitting differently or hopefully it just means that she'll take after her mommy and only be about 7 pounds at birth and not 9 pounds like her daddy! My next appointment is on the 26 and we get to do an ultrasound and I'm guessing at that one they will check to see if there has been any changes.

I do have to mention, I had my last labor and delivery class on Thursday and I left feeling more brave then when I started this whole process. From the beginning I said- give me drugs right away, but now after learning things and seeing the different techniques I think I'm going to try out some other methods before I go straight to the drugs. Each of the hospital suites have nice big tubs with jets and also birthing balls to use and I think I'd like to try to go as long as I can trying out these two methods, along with walking around until I get put up on my back with an epidural. They say if you get an epidural right away when you get there it can really slow down the birthing process and I think that if, depending on how far along I am when I go in, I would like to try to see how strong I am to hopefully help the process not be SOO long, so maybe try to get further along on my own at first and then once they start to get too strong and I can't handle them then ask for an epidural- that's kind of what I'm thinking now. With my brother my mom was in labor for 10 hours and was three weeks early, so I might take after her. So- we'll just have to see what happens, but I am open to trying out other ideas now and feeling a little bit more brave then I was.

This weekend also started Taylor's Deer Hunting season- he hunts for meat as we both love venison so he usually just shots deer that look good, weight wise that is, well- this year he got his very first "Buck"!!! He has gotten doe but never a Buck so he was very excited! He was out for around 1 hour on the first day when he got it, that's a new time record for him! His first shot was through a whole bunch of brush and twigs, about a 70 yard shot, and some how he missed the big target of the deer and hit him right in the antler and shot one side of them off! So he was a 6 point and ended up being a 3 point! LOL! The deer did a complete back flip, laid on the ground for awhile and when he got up he look pretty out of it, I'm sure he had a killer headache! He started walking right towards Taylor and he was about 20 yards away and he missed! Then he shot again and got him right in the neck. The best part about this story is that it was Taylor and Ben Bakken out in the woods hunting- neither of them knew how to gut a deer nor did they have a truck as Ben's truck kind of broke down the night before! When Taylor called me to tell me the good news I couldn't help but laugh when he said- well- we need to call someone to see if they can come show us what to do with it! HAHA! But now they both got a lesson and should be able to handle the next one on their own!

Taylor and his deer....

Cutting up the meat- we got some great looking steaks and roast from this guy!

What is left of the antlers

Joey and his brother Walter-- they just looked so cute on the couch I had to take a picture, they were pooped after playing with each other all day long!


And- From our Family to Yours- We wish you a Wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: