Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Quick Update- More contractions

I just wanted to post an update for those that may be looking here hoping for one.

I ended up going to the hospital again last night- Tuesday- I had lost my mucus plug at 2:30pm and shortly after that started having contractions. So I went down and got hooked up again- I was contracting every 4.5 minutes but still no change in my cervix and my FFN test came back negative again, no baby for at least a week and a half. They gave me the terbutaline again and then an oral medication that I can take around the clock every 6 hours and then sent me home.

I woke up at 5:30 this morning with more contractions and went to work- my oral medication made me slightly light headed- which is a normal side effect- I worked up until 11:30 and decided to come home and take a bath and try to lay down to relax. This got the contractions to stop- but then I started having a shortness of breath and my heart was racing- a normal side effect to terbutaline but not the oral medication. I looked at the paperwork that came with my perscription and it said to contact your doctor right away if you experience that. I finally got to talk to Dr. Gruenwald and she told me to stop taking the medication around the clock and only take it if I start contracting. She wants me to stay home for the rest of the week to see if rest will get these contractions to stop and be stopped more consistently instead of being stopped for only a few hours at a time. I have an appointment on Friday so I will go to that and hopefully have some more answers and a plan of action for the rest of this pregnancy. But for now- I'm laying low because this little chicka needs to bake a little longer.

So- I'll be home all night tonight, all day tomorrow- I have a labor and delivery class tomorrow night that I better go to- need to get more familiar with that because all of that is still so foreign for me- but then I'll be home until 2 on Friday-- if anyone wants to come over and visit feel free!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

That little girl in there is just so ready to come out! Good luck in the last couple of weeks!!! I'm so excited for you! =)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! You need to stay in bed woman and make sure Taylor gives plenty of TLC to you and feet rubs are good too :)