Thursday, November 29, 2007

Another Hospital Trip

YES, I had to go the hospital AGAIN yesterday! I hardly had any contractions all last week- which was GREAT! Then they started in again on Monday and Tuesday, Tuesday night before I fell asleep I had a pretty strong one- well stronger then what I had been having- and they were off and on all night long. Woke up and started working at 6:30am downstairs and they were 15-20 minutes apart- then all of a sudden at 9 they were coming on quick, I laid down on my left side- drank water and timed them out- they were every 3 minutes and I didn't even want to think about moving.

I called the hospital and they said its still to early for her to come out- please come in right away and we'll see what's going on. Cervix is still closed, no change, but I was having contractions 3-5 minutes apart. They hooked me up to an IV to super hydrate me and gave me another shot of terbutaline and 4 hours later I got sent home. They said they don't really know what's really going on either- they said its not common but some women just deal with this on and off until they are full term and as long as my cervix was still closed they were plenty happy with that. They also ran the FFN test again and it was negative, so technically it means no baby in the next 2 weeks.

SO- our journey continues and she is keeping us on our toes!

2 comments:

travelingtramps said...

I have been keeping up with you...wondered why you hadn't written in a few days...checked today and wow! Hang in there for as long as you possibly can. Sounds like you're doing all the right things.
Good Luck.
Kathy and John

Heidi Sue said...

Hey! Don't forget to call me when that little girl isn't staying quite in there. I'm glad to hear all is calmed down. Drink lots of water, eat lots and REST! No need for that baby to come before 37 weeks. 39+ is even better!

Love you lots!
Heidi Sue