Tuesday, November 27, 2007

34 Weeks

First off, I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving. It's actually hard to be pregnant over the Holidays, this baby doesn't leave much room in there for all the yummy food!

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday, which, for some weird reason, my contractions decided to come back yesterday, I had them off and on all day long and even some in the doctor's office, which was kind of nice for them to yet again confirm with me that yes, what I'm feeling really are contractions. She was going to check the heart beat and asked me if I was having one, I said yeah, kind of, and she said- well- you're hard as a rock! I'm not very good at telling when my stomach tightens, this whole thing is still confusing to me- contractions but still no dilation... I don't get it.

Anyway- she did a very quick ultrasound and her head is down! Yeah! And her butt is on my left side. She did check me again because I was contracting and still no real dialation, cervix is still pointing towards my tailbone, 50% effaced, and softening (I think is the term) to a -3 (not sure what that figure means) So, I'm changing, but at a good pace right now. She was going to do another FFN test but consulted with another doctor and they said that the results don't come back right after 34 weeks and I'm 34 1/2 so- she opted to not do it- she was satisfied with checking me.

So- now its time for the countdown, I go every Monday until she decides to come into this world. And let me tell you- I'm ready whenever she is! Taylor thinks differently- he said he isn't caught up with lesson plans yet- so he needs more time, so hopefully she'll listen to her Daddy and stay in for a little while longer so he can get prepared at school! :)

Us by our freshly cut tree at 34 weeks!


OH-- and side note--we just switched our cell phone service to Alltel- so whoever has Alltel- we can now talk for free!

No comments: