Friday, June 13, 2008

New Adventures of Miley Kay

It's been an interesting week and a sleepy week. Miley's darn tooth has been bugging her all week- I think the second one on the bottom is also working its way up as it's getting hard on the left side now too- along with that right one coming through the gum. She's been waking up twice at night each night this week- poor little lamb! But Thursday night I gave her some Motrin and I think that really made her feel a LOT better! In fact when I put her to bed (after acting like a zombie for most the night) I thought for sure she would zonk right out- but once the medicine kicked in I could hear her moving around in her bed so I went to peek at her and she was reaching for her musical turtle that hangs on the edge of her crib and playing the feet! I'd go in and say Hey there little girl- it is bedtime- not play time- and she smile at me and I tuck her back in and she would pretend to fall asleep and then I'd catch her playing again a few minutes later! She's so funny!! But then she soon fell asleep. But- she woke up two times to nurse-- I don't think the neighbor's dog that was barking all night long helped any-- It kept us all up (literally I was up from 1:30-4:15)! Taylor even went to their door and knocked at 3:30 (their dog is never outside at night so it was unusual) And no one answered but then he thought he heard the front door open (which we've never seen them use) and the dog stopped for about a half hour- then started barking again so at 4am I called the police to come and check it out and had to nurse Miley again. But she seemed to be feeling MUCH better this morning- all she wanted to do was play- starting at 5:30am. I had to stop at the gas station on the way to work to get some SoBe Energy juice to keep me fueled for the day!

On Wednesday at Grandma's house Pam was cooking Landon some lunch and had given him a peanut butter sandwich cracker to hold him over until it was done and Miley was playing in her exersaucer and chewing on her toys and talking up a storm. Soom Miley's little noises sounded more like a YUMM YUMM YUMM sound and Pam looked to see what she was doing as she has never heard that noise from her before- and to her surprise Landon decided to be a nice boy and share his cracker with Miley! Pam jumped thinking Miley was going to choke on it and took it away from her right away and I guess she just SCREAMED because she wanted it so bad! She had gummed almost half of the top cracker off! Pam asked Landon if he gave Miley a cracker and he said- Yes, I share! -- So cute! SOO-- due to that we thought we would just see how Miley would react to some cereal that night. She actually LOVED it! We just did a tiny little bit of oatmeal and she did a really good job. She knew how to use the spoon and swallowed wonderfully and hardly made a mess at all. She was grabbing for the spoon as we were trying to get more for her- we weren't doing it fast enough! So- I think she is getting ready to start tasting more and more foods. On Thursday night at tacos I let her taste my fork as it had the spices and sauce from the meat and salsa and she loved the spice! I even mashed up just a tiny bit of taco meat and she tried that and thought it was great too! I think we are going to have a good little eater for us when she really starts to eat. Right now I'm just letting her try things to get the taste so she can experience new things but I don't think I'll be feeding her to fill her up for a little while yet. I know my breastmilk is still the best thing for her right now. But with those teeth coming in already and her sitting up so well on her own I think she is at the developmental stage to start working on food.




This last picture has a funny story to it-- I told Taylor that we should always taste what she are giving to Miley because if we think its gross why in the heck would we give it to her because more then likely she is going to think it is gross too. So I stuck my finger in her oatmeal to show him that I can taste it and then he followed and did the same, after he tasted his finger I said- Oh yeah- and to make her oatmeal I used my breastmilk to mix in with it! HAHAHA He freaked out!! It was sooo funny!!! He said YUCK YUCK!! I can taste the breast milk- quick give me something to wash it down with!! LOL!! We all got a pretty good laugh out of that one!

On the house front: WE ARE DONE WITH HOUSE PROJECTS!!!! We are done doing things to the house finally!!! We just had newer carpet put in in the whole upstairs so now we have re-done 99% of the flooring in the house and it is just WONDERFUL! I'm hoping now that we got that old icky pad out too that our house won't smell musty anymore. Our newer carpet is carpet from Taylor's Grandparent's house and it worked perfectly in our entire upstairs and the stairway. It was in SUCH good condition and we thought hey-- anything is better then our icky nylon carpet that I HATE! We are SOO happy with the results! When I got home to see it yesterday me and Miley just laid on the carpet all sprawled out and it felt sooo good! New carpet is one of those things that just makes you feel good! It's so soft and squishy and cozy! :)



Saturday night Miley and I decided at the last minute that we were going to stay the night with Nana and Bumpa at the campground out at the lake. Here is Miley talking to Lexi and experiencing her first campfire! :)



Sunday was Father's Day and with me and Miley staying at the campground Taylor got his favorite thing in the world- a chance to sleep in!! Then Miley and I came home and she gave him a card and we had to write in it that his motorcycle cover is on its way- I ordered it two weeks ago and its on back order :( but he said he's really excited to get it! Taylor had a tournament all weekend so our weekend was pretty much spent at the ball field, they made it to the championship game and lost so the placed 2nd. Way to Go Bears!

Well-- until something else exciting happens....

1 comment:

Nate and Jamie Sommer :) said...

That is Sooooo funny about the breastmilk in the cereal with Taylor!!! I could just see him :)
too funny!!